Carpet python science assesment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cold-B-Hearts

i have to do a assignment on a animal whats better than carpet pythons :D

i was woundering if you guys could help me out,
You need to:
  • choose a population and form a hypothesis about the population’s future evolutionary viability
  • research information on the past evolutionary path and gather evidence to support your hypothesis about the organism’s future
  • defend your hypothesis as a persuasive presentation

Things i need to know
Hypothesis

• What do I know about the chosen population?
  • What are my initial ideas?
  • Have human activities impacted on my chosen population?
Write down a list of key words in your topic.
  • Expand on the list by writing down words that you know are associated with the keywords. What types of texts may have information about my topic?
    People who may know about this topic are?
    • What is the general nature of my topic?

Hypothesis (Does it need to be reconsidered?):

Point 1:
  • Evidence 1:
  • Evidence 2:
  • Evidence 3:
Point 2:
  • Evidence 1:
  • Evidence 2:
  • Evidence 3:
Point 3:
  • Evidence 1:
  • Evidence 2:
  • Evidence 3:
(And so on, for enough paragraphs)

• Conclusion:

• THANK GOD APS WORKS ON SCHOOL COMPUTERS,

and no i will not be coping your answer, but i think it would be good to gather your knowledge and understandings :D

It sounds like you are just asking people on here to come up with your assignment. I'm sure if you spent the time to formulate a basic outline and a hypothesis then people would be able to assist you with more specific information.

My hyposthesis is that carpet pythons will live more than 100 years. :)
i was wanting to know about evoulution because not many sites tell you anything about evoulution

try and get a hold of a copy of the complete carpet python. it has all the sort of information about evolution that you would need to atleast start your assignment.

Here is some literature on carpet pythons, movement, feeding, evolution etc. I have only read the abstracts but they seemed like they might be useful, its up to you to read them and see if there is anything there you can use

corey 2007 is just the introduction from a honours thesis but it may be the most useful as introductions often have a lot of background info. For the rest of them use the search function to find keywords IF you don't have time to read them all.

Also remember to reference them properly. I am hoping that you know how to do this but seeing as many uni students don't.... Look up "harvard referencing" in google and use either of the first 2 links. Corey is a dissertion/thesis while the other references are journal articles.

Edit: oops meant to post on your other thread.... will post it there

Attachments

• Shine and Slip; 1990; Biological Aspects of the Adaptive Radiation of Australasian Pythons.pdf
    586.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Fearn et al; 2001; Pythons in the pergola; the ecology of 'nuisance' carpet pythons from suburba.pdf
    257 KB · Views: 22
  • Heard et al; 2004; Habitat use by the inland carpet python; Seasonal relationships with habitat .pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
  • Shine and Fitzgerald; 1996; Large snakes in a mosaic rural landscape; The ecology of carpet pyth.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Slip and Shine; 1988; Habitat Use, Movements and Activity Patterns of Free-Ranging Diamond Pytho.pdf
    774.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Corey; 2007.doc
    57.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
what grade you in and what class cuz i wish i was so lucky im doing animal studies and i dont get to even look at reps doesnts stop me though;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back