What's your ancestory..........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a recent addition unlike all you convicts LOL
Half Wog (Maltese) My Mum was the only one in her family born here. My Dad's side came over after WW1. Irish, english, scottish in that side.
Nobody famous that I know of

My mum was born in Australia, but my Grandfather and Grandma were born and raised in Germany - only moved here after the war in the late 50's.

Dad's side is a few generations Australian I think - but originated from Prussia/Germany aswell.

ARAB..............................to the back-teeth, so watch out....wish i was Indian, spend my whole life utterly immersed in INDIAN (sub-continental culture )

I am a Pom but my English background when traced back is of Viking origin....... The original Poms that arrived here were already of mixed race in the first place as were invaded by Romans, French & Vikings etc back in the day......... & now I am an Auzzie well at least my passport says that.... you couldn't kick the pom out of me in reality !!

Well where do I start, Old Captain thunderbolt on mums side which we also have relations back to the first child born in australia from the first fleet (only heard the story unsure of its truth). Dads side apparently we go back to King Henry the 8th, I think who liked to play around with the maids and again all english. Lots of fun storys.

All i know is my dad's side goes back to the Kamalorie aborigines

Grandfather on my Father's side is Irish, Great Grandparents on my Mother's side were English. Funny thing was my Grandmother never had an English accent, she couldn't even fake one :)

I ended up with very pale skin, so I burn very easily... not that I go out in the sun much anyway. I have my Great Grandfather's hair colour (Mother's side) and my Great Grandmother's eye colour (Mother's side again).

Welsh. The only people the Poms couldn't defeat militarily besides the Moari. And yes I can sing!

Last edited:
Ha ha, Grannieannie, you always think of something interesting, don't you!

On Dad's side I'm English and French-Canadian. Mum's side is Ecuadorian and Hungarian.

Dad's grandfather and grandmother were both German born and raised. Both families came to Australia and had kids so that dad's mother and father married after he quit the services after WW2.
Mum's grandfather was Danish and had her dad who was born in Australia. Her grandmother was English/ Norwegian who had her mother also born in Australia.
So I guess it's German, English, Danish and Norwegian ancestry. Last and final generation of the mix ends with moi.
Our Danish ancestry goes back to the current royal family in Denmark but I don't personally have the info. Our English ancestry has been traced back to Joan of Arc. As for the German side we're really unsure on a lot of it unfortunately.

Ha ha, Grannieannie, you always think of something interesting, don't you!

On Dad's side I'm English and French-Canadian. Mum's side is Ecuadorian and Hungarian.

Ooh la la. The French-Canadian accent (in general) is the hottest accent I think I've ever heard.
I got half way there with my husband having a Canadian father and grandparents lol!

My Dad is Australian his parents were English/Scottish. Maree is Australian her parents were French. So I am half French with Aussie/Anglo blood on the other half :)

Born in Wales(Cardiff) from Scottish (father) and Southern English (mother) parents. But everyone in the family still says I'm a "Taffy":)!!

Born in Dublin Ireland of Irish ancestry stretching a long way back

Great grand parents both shot by British 1916 for running guns to the resistance fighters

dont know where i came from was adopted after being orphaned. Adopted parents are english but i dont think that helps.

im 4th or 5th gen AU, with some English, Scott, and Irish all thrown in in the past some where

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back