Japanese imports *cars*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
young, old, who cares. im a nanna and love my 1988 nissan cefiro rb20det. flew across australia to buy it and drove it back. leaves all the p platers in my dust and gob smacked when they realise the driver is a woman and an oldy schooler at that hahahah

ceffys are a cool car.......rb20s are also an underrated engine - as long as you are happy to rev them they can make great engines but the fact they are so easily replaced with rb25 they often get overlooked. I also love the ca18 engine - great little engine but just doesnt like to get hot and many people biff them for a SR as there are many more aftermarket parts available for the SR engine.

This is my old toy, sold her a while ago now, but still looks exactly the same, sports a 2l 6cyl turbo with 198kw at the treads. It goes nice for a daily driver apparently. I want to get another RA28 and drop in a 1UZFE V8. Be a nice little project. :D

Attachments

• about to sell.jpg
    about to sell.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 122
  • My old Celica -1.jpg
    My old Celica -1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 118
Grunt? Dude, show me a holden that has more grunt than a worked RB26/30.

[video=youtube;wq-o_nmDsY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-o_nmDsY0[/video]

QUOTE]

In regards to this skyline a mate showed me more video's of it. Its putting out 572kw at all four wheels. So to be exact its putting out 767.0655hp. Which in turn (due to being 4 wheel drive) should have no issues chewing down a 1000hp v8 ;)
Its also currently for sale for 89g peoples lol

Grunt? Dude, show me a holden that has more grunt than a worked RB26/30.

QUOTE]

In regards to this skyline a mate showed me more video's of it. Its putting out 572kw at all four wheels. So to be exact its putting out 767.0655hp. Which in turn (due to being 4 wheel drive) should have no issues chewing down a 1000hp v8 ;)
Its also currently for sale for 89g peoples lol

Yea, that looks to be a bit quick. 89k, hey.............

It might be quick but can it do this ;)[video=youtube;brkiTpbUrxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brkiTpbUrxo&feature=related[/video]

I have mates with these 45k falcons running 400 odd hourses and i have mates in 20k evos killing them.. Its not always power its also weight and putting the power down.. I have a 99 wrx and its only got 150 odd atw and i still kill half of my mates through the hills but in a drag they would drill me. Its the old mac vs pc debate, v8 vs boosted jap. I love that my car flutters through gear changes and sticks to the road. If i can stop spending money on reptiles ( not bloody likely lol) im gonna but an evo 8 or 9 at the end of the year. Quick, handels amazing, looks mean and will eat alot of v8s about the place. Its personal opinion. Its also the driver. You can have all the power you want but if you are a crap driver your not going anywhere.. :) my 2c

2 wheels are the go ;) I know a bloke with a Gsxr 7-11 turbo. Its putting 300kw at the wheel in a 180kg bike!!!

My yammie wasn't that fancy but it boggied along just nicely;)

I have mates with these 45k falcons running 400 odd hourses and i have mates in 20k evos killing them.. Its not always power its also weight and putting the power down.. I have a 99 wrx and its only got 150 odd atw and i still kill half of my mates through the hills but in a drag they would drill me. Its the old mac vs pc debate, v8 vs boosted jap. I love that my car flutters through gear changes and sticks to the road. If i can stop spending money on reptiles ( not bloody likely lol) im gonna but an evo 8 or 9 at the end of the year. Quick, handels amazing, looks mean and will eat alot of v8s about the place. Its personal opinion. Its also the driver. You can have all the power you want but if you are a crap driver your not going anywhere.. :) my 2c

My mate put 12g into his evo (he got a mate to help install the stuff and bought all his gear from america) but after 12g he is putting out a comfortable 417hp at all 4's on 26psi. It chews! His able to chew down 650hp v8's driving around town and because it grips its fast lol. I personally like the rexies over the evo's the 2.5L displacement gets you that better torque figure but meh everyones different :)
Enjoy the evo if you get one :)

2 wheels are the go ;) I know a bloke with a Gsxr 7-11 turbo. Its putting 300kw at the wheel in a 180kg bike!!!

Agreed my bike has two powers. Left leg and right leg.

Cheers Brenton

Your not wrong there, My 06 ZX10 used to leave most things for dead.
They did a comparative of a 370k hotted up Porche I think it was vs a standard R1 around Bathurst. The R1 killed it.

Your not wrong there, My 06 ZX10 used to leave most things for dead.
They did a comparative of a 370k hotted up Porche I think it was vs a standard R1 around Bathurst. The R1 killed it.

Was it the 06 or 09 zx10 that got labeled the wido maker

Cheers Brenton

I think your thinking of the R1. There was a stat rolling around somewhere of the number of R1's that didn't make it more than 10 km from the store they were bought from. There engine is positioned much closer to the back wheel, made cornering with the power down a hair raising experience.

Nissan cefiro for me :) used to have a white sr20 one with a t518z turbo.. But it got stolen in 2008.. Now have a black one.. Pretty much just stock project car with rb20 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back