I'm assuming this information is outdated or........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptalica

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
In my usual surfing all things reptiles I came across this shop in Australia and were offering tips/suggestions on how to feed your snake.

I got to this part and came to a screaming halt. Am I seriously nieve or have things changed???

[h=3]Live prey[/h]
If you use live prey, make sure you don’t leave the snake and prey unattended. If the snake isn’t eating, then you may need to remove the prey so it doesn’t injure the snake. Rats, for example, have a tendency to start nibbling on the snake if left alive for too long by the snake.Also, when using live prey, this is where you want to make sure your snake is an effective hunter. The rat (or appropriate sized prey) may start clawing and biting the snake if the animal’s head and feed aren’t under control of the snake.As we already mentioned, we recommend feeding pre-killed prey since there is always a risk of injury to the snake when feeding live prey. If you have a snake that will eat the pre-killed prey, then this is definitely the best option.

They say they recommend pre-killed prey, what is the problem?

Nothin illegal about it its just not condoned by new snake experts (armchair apsers)
Up until recently most people ive known in the hobby fed live, some (even some well known exhibitors) still feed live they just dont talk about it.

Re-read it , it doesn't say feed live it's good information for those who are stupid/don't care and feed live but might be able to read.. might save a few snakes from dumb keepers.

Re-read it , it doesn't say feed live it's good information for those who are stupid/don't care and feed live but might be able to read.. might save a few snakes from dumb keepers.

agreed it doesnt say feed live it say IF you use live prey which of course no one on here does anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back