What's your ancestory..........

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Gen Aussie. Parents born n raised in Sicily/Southern Italy, mixed Mediterranean ancestry.

100% Pom, Essex Boy, Still waiting for the Viking's to say "Sorry" :)

wife's maiden name Batman...i'm sure you can figure the rest.....

Mostly Scot, some English, a touch of Hebraic (Cohen was my maiden name and it wasn't one of the name changes during WWII), and just a dash of Spanish apparently.
As far as noteable ancestry goes I'm descended on my mother's side from Elizabeth Guard, the first white woman to set foot on the South Island of NZ. Official history puts her as being 'taken' by one of the local tribes and 'rescued' by her husband, 'honest merchantman John Guard'. Family history says she was left there as a token of good faith, loved every minute of it (gave birth to twins on the boat back :p, unfortunately I'm related to the legitimate children so I have to count John Guard in there too), John double-crossed the natives, cried foul to the officials and she spat in his face when taken back on board.
My mother researched a lot of it for her thesis, and given the nature of the women in my family I would believe her over official history.

Australian :p Well im on my dad's side I've got roots stemming back to Barbados, Ireland, Scotland and England... :p bit of a mutt. Mum's history is lost in the Australian Outback somewhere

What a wonderful group we are....and I think we should all be proud of our roots. I had a really weird experience when I visited Scotland about 20 yrs ago. Even though I only have a tiny bit of Scots blood (Mc Kenzie or Mac Kenzie..not sure which I am) anyway, I felt a real.....kind of...spiritual homecoming in my being....it was really weird, but felt very real. Yet I have more Irish and English blood in me. I've often thought if I was ever single again....which of course I hope never happens because I adore my Brian....but that I might change my surname to McKenzie by deed poll.

I'm an Aussie, with a background of purebred Mauritian, my maternal grandparents came out here when my Mum was about 8 years old. I don't know my father's backstory as they divorced the year I was born, but I believe he was purebred Mauritian too. So I've got this perfect pedigree, yet I can't eat spicy food at all, don't like the ocean much, and hate hot weather.

Pure Viking here. Mums family can trace back a few 100 years, Norwegian dads Norwegian I am Norwegian my kids are Aussie Swiss Norwegian :D

My mum's family is originally from Ireland but have been here for a few generations & my dad's side immigrated here in the 50's from England. My grandfather on that side was Maltese/Spanish & my nan was English/Welsh. My dad was born in Spain & raised in Malta, Canada & England before they moved to Aus.

Eighth generation aussie. My relo's came here in 1802 from Northern England and they were one of the founding church builders and built the oldest standing church in Oz at Ebanesor ( spell?). I reckon i would burst into flames if i went in there lol.
On my dad's side. Welsh.

Cockney Red is a football term, not where I'm from.................West Londoner, and proud!!!

On both my mum and my dad's side, my ancestors came as convicts on the first fleet.

My mums side came on the Lady Penrhyn, but I'm not sure what ship my dads side came on. So, apart from Aboriginals, I'm as Australian as you can get lol :)

On both my mum and my dad's side, my ancestors came as convicts on the first fleet.

My mums side came on the Lady Penrhyn, but I'm not sure what ship my dads side came on. So, apart from Aboriginals, I'm as Australian as you can get lol :)

A descendant of the currency lads and lasses!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back