what's your creative outlet?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunting is my main desired outlet. Being out in the bush with just my thoughts and my rifle. Its a great way to escape the complexities frustrations of everyday life.

This thread makes me sad. I've done a lot of things, but I used to paint and sketch. There were times when I'd get an idea in my head, start it in the evening... next thing I know there'd be a knock at the door and it was early the next morning. That was probably my only real creative outlet. I can sing, but I don't do it seriously in front of other people; I'll piss-take pop songs instead when I'm bored lol. So... professional shower singer :p That's about the only thing I have time for these days.
My husband's constantly giving me crap about it, asking why I don't paint or draw any more. He reckons I was more relaxed when I was. Eventually I'll get around to posting some pics for anyone who's interested, I was going to not long ago but then I realised everything I've got is at least 3 years old... I haven't done anything in a while, so it made me depressed and I didn't. One day when I've got time of my own again I will, but until then I'll just appreciate everyone else's efforts; like Guzzo. Can't wait to see more updates on the croc, that's a fantastic piece!

eeeek...didn't mean to make you sad :/ i think we all have a creative section in us even the most un-artistic can draw a stick figure! and i've been a closet poet for so long...my mum and dad don't really know and my sister is the only one that kind of appreciates it. other than the head of creative writing at my old uni that is

I think most of my creativity died several years ago :( I used to paint, draw, sing, sew, write (poetry, songs, stories, you name it), sculpt, spend days in the scrub, hiking, training my dog to do random things... but I haven't really done anything like that in years. It makes me a little sad too. Most of the time I feel like I'm too busy being a grownup to spend much time on anything I enjoy. These days, I suppose my outlet is picking up poo and cleaning up after animals... Well, at least that's what I spend most of my spare time doing. Actually, I really do like tinkering with their enclosures/cages etc. I don't have the time at the moment do do awesome stuff like rockwalls etc, but I work with what I've got and try to make their enclosures interesting. I think I'm going to take a couple weeks off work soonish and disappear into nowhere with my puppy dogs.

I used to be heaps creative when I was younger, I was a musician and played in the community orchestra, wrote poetry, read tarot cards the list goes on. Then I grew up and got a career, met my husband, started our own business, bought a house.... "Me Time" sort of goes on the backburner when there are other priorities. But the past 12 months I have decided to find the time for things I love to do, no matter how small they are!
So I've joined our local herp society, completed a course in wildlife care and joined my local wildlife carers accociation and started horse riding lessons!

Singing, photography and graphic design. I used to sew, paint, draw and sketch but I'm trying to refine myself lol

viper

lush solitary arbiter
embedded nothing in your eyes
coiling rancid rainbow bright

day dream inhibitor
as forbidden rages rise
dark passions you ignite

oh what sweet malificence
curling death on temple wall
so sensuously sinister

portrait of magnificence
eventually you claim us all
into eternal winter

nah... not really creative

viper

lush solitary arbiter
embedded nothing in your eyes
coiling rancid rainbow bright

day dream inhibitor
as forbidden rages rise
dark passions you ignite

oh what sweet malificence
curling death on temple wall
so sensuously sinister

portrait of magnificence
eventually you claim us all
into eternal winter

nah... not really creative

Nah, not creative at all Lonqi... don't quit your day job... ;)
That was exquisite! Have you got any more?

eeeek...didn't mean to make you sad :/ i think we all have a creative section in us even the most un-artistic can draw a stick figure! and i've been a closet poet for so long...my mum and dad don't really know and my sister is the only one that kind of appreciates it. other than the head of creative writing at my old uni that is

Ah, not a problem. One thing I have noticed is that the longer the gap between projects with me the better the next one is. I keep getting told that if I don't use it I'll lose it, but the funny thing is the less I use it the more intense it gets. Whatever my next one is, when I've got time, it's bound to be a cracker, so when I do get around to it I'll post up the end result :D I've had some native american drums needing to be finished niggling at my mind for a while, too ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back