Animal Cruelty in China

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elite_Reptiles

View attachment 242915

On a commercial street in China, little tortoises are found packaged as souvenir!!! These little tortoises are still alive and swimming inside a herbal solution. The store owner says it can live for 1-3 months. 5 RMB a piece.

This is too cruel and unacceptable!!! God knows how many little lives were slowly suffocated to silent death; their fate sealed in a bag!!!

Has the commercial world no more other ideas to make money!!!

Please help "Share" this. Hopefully some media or government will pick up this news and step in to stop this animal cruelty! Perhaps find the real victim and put an end to such uncivilized act!

Live dogs dragged behind boats as shark bait...all sorts of horrible, horrible things happen to animals in these dreadful countries....thankfully there are people in the world who try and help. Has anyone watched the show about Luke Gamble the pommie vet who goes all over the world trying to teach people how to take care of their animals and he tries to rescue animals too.....so much to be done. But then there are people who say....what about the abused and starving peoples of the world, shouldn't they come before animals......sadly the world will never be perfect, and I seriously doubt any of these problems will be completely solved....it's a sad world we live in. :cry:

Horrible!!! I have heard some people even eat cows and chickens! What is the world coming to!!!

I used to donate money to a French charity which provided medical care to people in third world countries. I've since stopped and now my donation goes to the WSPA for animals as I believe they are much more deserving.

It's funny how simple things can change your opinion of someone completely. Last night I made a Facebook post about my new roughy and during the course of the conversation discovered that a lady I work with hates frogs so much that she kills them with dettol. I can't fathom doing such a horrible thing but she seems to have no issue. I told her that's cruel and illegal and she said sorry Sarah, I hate them. I replied that I hoped no one ever thought that way about her or any of her family members and decided to kill them. I received no response.

Yep, animals are much more deserving of help.

Erbitting the oarth.

Horrible!!! I have heard some people even eat cows and chickens! What is the world coming to!!!

Big difference dude.

Erbitting the oarth.

Big difference dude.

Erbitting the oarth.

I don't see any big difference... Turtle dying in a bag because some one thinks its cool or a chicken dying in a meat processing factory because some one eats KFC.
Sure the turtle will take longer to die but both are dying to "satisfy people" when it's not needed.

Personally I would of gone nuts at the guy selling them... turtles dying in bags as gifts... ***!

When you see that video of a very young Chinese girl getting run over by numerous cars (simply because they can't be bothered going around her) and then when someone does actually hit her and run over her, the next 3 or 4 cars passing by continue doing so (and knowing perfectly well its a young girl! - who incidentally dies in the end due to horrific crushing injuries) .....do you think for a moment the majority of these people give a stuff about a turtle?? Or any animal?? I'm guessing not.

That said...what can you do? Obviously they are selling these poor things :(

The people that buy them for any reason are just as bad as the people selling them.

I don't see any big difference... Turtle dying in a bag because some one thinks its cool or a chicken dying in a meat processing factory because some one eats KFC.
Sure the turtle will take longer to die but both are dying to "satisfy people" when it's not needed.

Personally I would of gone nuts at the guy selling them... turtles dying in bags as gifts... ***!

The length of time it takes the turtle to die makes a hell of a difference. It's just as bad as skinning live foxes for their fur. Absolutely disgusting and much much different than animals being put to slaughter for food.

Erbitting the oarth.

This is disgusting, as are a lot of atrocities against animals/children(big people can look after themselves) I know we are predominately omnivours(sp) and I personally try very hard to purchase grass fed meat animals now I am in suburbia(used to butcher my own quickly as possible prior) I used to actually go to egg farms and purchase the hens for my own eggs so they could live a free range life. I think what happens to animals for the sake of human consumption/medicine/warped ideas is horrid. I guess I am ok with animals for the table as long as they are killed quickly and cleanly for the sake of consumption opposed to those that are tortured for whatever sick reason. For example the little bagged tortoises and those poor little sun bears that are declawed etc

Totally agree with you moose, that's exactly what their like over there, no respect for anything living, dead, even themselves.

You only have to put "Chinese Animal Cruelty" or "Bonsai Kitten" in Google and you will soon realise it's just not turtles suffocating in bags they like to torture.

Bonsai kittens is and always has been a scam.

Erbitting the oarth.

Not to sound like a racist tool, but it's hardly anything new in China.
But Christ, we're no better over here.
They also 'live skin' animals in some countries.

Ahh Humans, we truly are pathetic creatures..

Not to sound like a racist tool, but it's hardly anything new in China.
But Christ, we're no better over here.
They also 'live skin' animals in some countries.

Ahh Humans, we truly are pathetic creatures..

I only just heard yesterday how they live skin animals in America too ................. what the hell is the world coming to?????

Google earthlings and watch the movie in the link that comes up. It's horrible. I hate people.

Erbitting the oarth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back