Woma Tail Wag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinoy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A while ago, there was a thread where some one was asking about womas. I mentioned some of the funny little things they do like head bobbing and tail wagging. I also said I would get a video of it next time I fed him. I can't remember the name of the thread but here's the video as promised :)

In the vid, he had just been fed and was still hungry, looking for more. I wriggled my finger in front of him and it got him a bit excited as you can see. Towards the end, there's a slight head bob but that's hard to catch on video from above and I'm not silly enough to put my hand in there when he's feed mode lol.

Any way, here it is :)

[video=youtube;NsEuPKgBbws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEuPKgBbws[/video]

Ive only had mine a week and yesterday I noticed it wagging its tail in its sleep, it did it a little bit when I fed it but nothing like yours, thanks for sharing that

they are cool litlle pythons. so far all of mine have tail wagged. only one has done the head flick while watching me....well he does it every time i'm near him,lol. just sits there watching me flicking his head side to side ( from what i have read i think it's a depth perception thing, using both eyes to guage the distance to what he wants to eat. if i'm wrong i'm sure i will get corrected here)

I have a few tha bob and wiggle. When I was doing the rounds last night I had a 7yo female sandfire who is about 5ft do the head bobbing and tail wiggling at me when I opened the tub. Usually I just grab them in the rear half and they know it's not feeding time. Nope. Not this time. She chomped me hard and left a massive tooth in my wrist. I then hooked her out and put her up on the top of my hatches rack and she was still doing it at me. Hahhaha.

My Hugos come pretty close to biting me a few times but so far I've been quicker lol. On food day, he knows it's coming well before I actually give it to him. He'll be in the strike position before I even open the tub and a few times now he's just missed me when he struck as soon as I opened the tub. The distance They can launch themself from is pretty impressive.

Hrmm... I think my Woma may want to eat me, he already tried last month and when I had him out earlier in the week before feeding him he had a take wriggle going on after I put him back and then today after he had digested I had him out and noticed a tale wriggle while he was on me... But funnily enough I have only seen him tail wag a few times around food and it was always after eating if disturbed and haven't seen it for probably 6 months.

A while ago, there was a thread where some one was asking about womas. I mentioned some of the funny little things they do like head bobbing and tail wagging. I also said I would get a video of it next time I fed him. I can't remember the name of the thread but here's the video as promised :)

In the vid, he had just been fed and was still hungry, looking for more. I wriggled my finger in front of him and it got him a bit excited as you can see. Towards the end, there's a slight head bob but that's hard to catch on video from above and I'm not silly enough to put my hand in there when he's feed mode lol.

Any way, here it is :)

[video=youtube;NsEuPKgBbws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsEuPKgBbws[/video]

It was me that asked! Thanks so much Pinoy! As soon as the brat goes to sleep I will jump on the computer and have a look!

Thanks Pinoy! Its great to see what i should be looking for!

Last edited:
Turns out my olive does it too but she does it a bit more intense then he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back