She wont shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUNGLE-JAK

Reaction score
my black head wont shed, her eyes have been blue and her skin has been pale since the start of march, i havent been feeding her during this time, im not sure what im doing wrong so keep the comments polite plzzz.
cheers
jack

My coastal sheds 7-10 days aprox from when his eyes go blue.... I would feed as normal if she is hungry, have you noticed any rough bits of skin coming off? Do you mist her? I wouldnt be too concerned just yet :)

all the scales on her head are ripped off but its been like that for a while

Well that is different, you should have mentioned this earlier. It sounds like she has had a bad shed and you will need to help assist getting the rest off by giving her a good soak then making sure she has something good to rub against.

i dont mist and im gonna feed now, lookking a bit skinny

the scales on the head is because of when she had an infection and was rubbing har head alot

Is she out and about doing her thing or is she hiding?
Can you post a pic?

always mist...it is my insurance policy against bad sheds......i caught Alvin having a bad shed and i was so lucky....i drenched him with the water sprayer...he sat quietly for a bit and i guess that was to let the water take effect and then had a perfect shed......now i alwaysmist my snakes as soon as they go into shed

Do you mist with warm water? Or cold. I know may seem like a silly question

Mine is about to shed I think, his skin looks a little saggy in places, he's not very active,

Mine is about to shed I think, his skin looks a little saggy in places, he's not very active,
Pandora aka spitfire was like a maniac last night.... I fed her this morning and she has gone into the blue eye phase of shed cycle(that explains a lot lol soooo I thought she was looking a little dull(skin wise) this is the first shed with me so I wasnt absolutely sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back