RSP-Care

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty23

Reaction score
Hey,
Ive been looking at RSPs and they look beautiful! Quick question would this size be good enough for a full grown one? 4x2x2 with a branch in the middle? also what substrate should i use? and can i go straight from a click-clack to that cage? Thanks

Bigger the better. That size will be good provided you have the correct heating and temp gradient in place. I used 3x2x2 for adult RSP's.

Im going to put a 100w heat light on for 8 hrs a day with no thermosat but have a heat pad on 24/7 with thermostat. what temp should i have that at and where should i place it? Hot area, middle area or cold area?

Plenty big enough with branches for perching and i use ozpet as their bedding.Yes u can go straight from a click clack once it out grows it, but they are small as adults as my breeding pair would only be just pushing 5 foot approx.

100w could get too hot, so run it for a few days first to check without putting in a thermo...

All your heat sources should be plugged into the thermo..... as on a 30c day a 100w will put the temps up way too high. I even have my 60w bulbs on thermo's in Sydney.

^^^^ what he said. I'd go a 75W on a thermo and you can not go wrong. Roughys are a great addition to any collection - such personalitys and you never get sick of them thats for sure. My adults are sweet hearts and change shades depending on their mood/time of day.

Ok. Would this work?
4x2x2 with branch
ozpet bedding
60W heat light with no thermo on till 7:30am-6:30pm
Heatmat with a tile on top with a thermostat at what temprrature?
a little hide on the heat pad.
A waterbowl.

Also the heat light is to the side of the branch so light is not directlly hitting the branch. Is that ok.
Also one last thing do they grow relatively quickly?

This is what i would hope my enclosure looks like. Would this be ok for a RSP? and can you tell me the temps for them? Thanks
P.S sorry the photo is flipped idk why my computer does that.

Attachments

• Photo on 18-03-12 at 2.09 PM.jpg
    Photo on 18-03-12 at 2.09 PM.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back