Can they really be THAT expensive!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmeh103

Reaction score
So I was searching on the classifieds looking for some albino Darwin's, anyway besides the point, I came across an add for 100% het for albino blackheaded pythons? Their asking price for a pair of said animals was 18,000 !!!!

Im still new to this seen but wow that's expensive!
Would it be a real add or just some trolling?

Sorry I have no clue BUT holly Molly. My guess is def a troll! But still hurts to think of that amount.

I didn't think the black headed projects for albino were that far advanced at present. Could be wrong though. Even still, at 18K, they're playing with themselves!

Go to YouTube and look at some of snakebytes shows they have one show u prices on some snakes range up to 25 grand +

If they were truly het for albino then yes they would cost that much (or more) but its much more likely to be a scam unless they allow you to see the albino parent that they came from.

Hamburg 3 years ago a new ball python morph was 260,000 euros
another one was only 195,000 euros on special
couple of retics have sold for over $100,000 each and the morph didnt prove hereditary
ouch

go back about 10 years and GTPs were over $10,000 each
one good pair and you could buy a house from the hatchies

Last edited:
There are albino Blackheaded pythons here in Australia and work is being down with them but I didn't think the project was that far along and if it is way have they not made the big announcement that it has been proven,
If it is true we should be seeing some thing in the scales and tails mags at least about it

It was a genuine add. It is about a year old and the animals are sold. I think at $18k it would be a bargin, the albino's produced I would expect to be $60-$100k so great deal I would say. Just my opinion.
T

Where did you see the ad? And as i've said in other threads similar to this, something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it ;) But for me if they were proven het albino black headed pythons and i got offered to buy them for 18k i wouldn't be saying no :))

No doubt they are here, some morelia morphs are a true enough sign that we are getting o/s animals into the system.

Last edited:
Reptiles.com.au is where I saw the add, and it their offspring really go for that much then it sounds like a pretty good deal! But as statEd above, they said there sold, sure is a crazy world we live in.

CaptainRatbab
- just google it, yes they have white heads! :)

I look at it this way; there are a lot of people very very keen to get their hands on albino BHPs, my husband included. Some would pay whatever it takes, it all depends on the buyer and what potential they can see in the morph. Personally I don't trust '100% het' unless I know the seller personally or know their reputation, but with the potential inherant in BHP lines, the return such a morph promises, and the amount of people I have heard express that they would give various appendages for one up to and including arms, legs and left, right or both testicles I believe that would be a believable price tag.

Does an albino black head have a white head? :shock: :lol:

Yes
ALBINS_&_HET_ALBINOS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back