Why...................

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind Annie, I have many imaginary friends :p I dont get insulted purely because I am too busy chatting to them heh heh heh I think your too lovely to be a troll anyhow xxx :lol:

Last edited:
if you are religous. thats fine. im not. but i do believe in human decency, if you have nothing nice to say, simple dont say it.
that goes for both sides. i dont enjoy having complete strangers accost me at the bus stop to talk about god esp at 6 30 am. but i dont tell them to f off i just nicely say im not interested.

what does annoy me however is the use of religion the degrade and put down certain sections of society. just because something you believe says something is bad. doesnt mean it is. thats just your opinion.
i understand not every religous person is like this, however i have met a fiar few and i must say i have no time for them.

so if your religous thats great but dont throw it at people, if your not no worries just dont put everyone who is down.
simple

What was the point of starting this, using your beliefs to try and influence others?
Its only offensive because you obviously believe in god.....
What did you expect everyone with a differing view to do?
So when jesus and friends start questioning scientific beliefs, are the atheists allowed to start a thread like this?
Btw i don't beleive in ANYTHING! not god, these big bang theorys or anything of the sort. don't let religion influence Politics or law, or those god knockers who think they can convert me by knocking on doors and we'll live happily ever after til i'm buried or cremated!
Who knows 100% what is fact, i may or may not find out when i pass on....

As one of the main perpetrators of 'picking ' on people's beliefs I plead mercy Cause u make it oh so easy and I am childish. At least you know if you are right I will be burning in your hell and If I am neither of us will know. My wife and son are unwavering believers and my daughter and I am unwavering non believers.
I am always up for a good religious discussion and love when my son brings me something from his book to quote to prove me wrong and l am pretty sure u religious people are way ahead on the score board when you would kill us for teasing you up to a couple hundred years ago.

Never mind Annie, I have many imaginary friends :p I dont get insulted purely because I am too busy chatting to them heh heh heh I think your too lovely to be a troll anyhow xxx :lol:

Ahhhhh CrystalMoon, LOL, you're a sweetie, thank you. xxx :lol:

I have seen enough of your posts and comments to know that you certainly did not start this thread to incite any kind of argument. Unfortunately, you mentioned the "R" word, and the very nature of "belief" and "faith" means that it can never be discussed in an open forum without one side evetually insulting the other.

Hey, you wanna know something funny....it was only a few months ago I learned what ... trolling....was !! :lol:

To me....I would ask for the same politeness if someone said.....example only....all people who like black headed pythons are idiots....that's putting someone down...it's not nice !!

Last edited:
My apologies Grannieannie I knew full well you weren't trolling when you started the thread, I was trolling.

It was always going to end this way despite your best intentions.

What was the point of starting this, using your beliefs to try and influence others?
Its only offensive because you obviously believe in god.....
What did you expect everyone with a differing view to do?
So when jesus and friends start questioning scientific beliefs, are the atheists allowed to start a thread like this?
Btw i don't beleive in ANYTHING! not god, these big bang theorys or anything of the sort. don't let religion influence Politics or law, or those god knockers who think they can convert me by knocking on doors and we'll live happily ever after til i'm buried or cremated!
Who knows 100% what is fact, i may or may not find out when i pass on....

I think you and some others are totally missing my point.......some people on here have suggested that those who have a belief in a God have an....... imaginary friend.....I think this is disrepectful. It could just as easily have been some people saying for instance......they think all people who like black headed pythons are idiots....that is also disrespectful to those who have and love BHPs...it's putting someone down, it's not necessary and it's not nice. My post has nothing to do with who tries to preach to you at a bus stop or comes to your door. If I'd seen some religious fundamentalists here calling atheists names, I would also see that as being offensive, and suggest people be more polite....this has nothing to do with what I may or may not believe in myself.....

l am pretty sure u religious people are way ahead on the score board when you would kill us for teasing you up to a couple hundred years ago.

Trust me its not a matter of a couple hundred years, not even a couple of hundred days. Non believers are still being killed just for not believing. Right now in Saudi Arabia someone may be sentenced to death for blasphemy, apostasy, and atheism.
I think there is someone right now facing such chargers over some pretty soft comments they posted on a social media site like twitter or facebook.

Even drawing a picture of a religious figure is offensive enough to some people for you to be murdered for it.

My apologies Grannieannie I knew full well you weren't trolling when you started the thread, I was trolling.

It was always going to end this way despite your best intentions.

:lol: Apology accepted. :D I'm just a silly old grannie and hate it when I see the possibility of ANYONE being offended about anything. I don't know how genuine other people on this site are, but I can assure you, I am 110% genuine, sincere and the real deal.....I get ... foot in mouth disease... from time to time like everyone and I'm very, very human, but I try to be nice and honest to people.

don't think i missed your point as there was no reference to bhp owners being put down, just believers.......
I know what you are trying to say, you also were the one that brought religion into it, hence bringing out the passionate people who don't beleive,
This was never going to end well, and thats why religious topics aren't allowed!

I am asking a very simple question this time, or maybe I'm not asking a question at all, but putting out a request to all of you....and I don't wish to upset anyone, and I know that the topic of religion is against the rules so I will be careful in what I say.

I have noticed that in some forums....the one about the universe and ancestory as an example...that sometimes there is a mention of...... evolution or.... fairies etc etc. There are people on APS that are believers in God in one form or another, and there are those who are not. I have observed that the non believers seem to be more vocal in being sarcastic in their terms towards those who may have a religious belief. I ask simply this, that you all think before you post, respect the fact that some others will have just as passionate opposite views in life from you. No one likes to be put down, let's be more sensitive and gentle with each other, no matter what side of the fence we sit on.

Respects to you all.... Annie xxx

Last edited:
don't think i missed your point as there was no reference to bhp owners being put down, just believers.......

You're right there was no reference to BHPs....I made that as another example to illustrate that I would be just as disappointed if someone said something derogatory to someone who owned a particular type of reptile, as I would about someone who made a derogatory remark about a God believer.... the whole thing is....if someone has a particular belief or preferance for something that they feel strongly about....other people shouldn't make unkind remarks even if they don't agree..... :)

Its a part of life though wether we like it or not, aslong as its not a threat or personal attack get over it life goes on.....
Kind of like like holden and ford fans
Or try being a jeep owner like me in a sea of nissan patrols and toyota landcruisers, you should see the crap i cop for owning a jeep, but life goes on i know what my jeep is capable of and how great it truly is!
who givess a stuff what anyone else says......

I think there is a big difference between pointing out that there is no scientific evidence of the existence of God and discriminating against people for having an interest in a particular species of python.

Belief systems that involve a single (or multiple) higher powers that created the world are not supported by logic or even a shred of scientific evidence. That is an irrefutable fact.

I would like to do an exercise where religious people are asked to apply the same logic required by their belief systems to a life threatening situation.

For instance, given the choice, would you prefer to jump out of a plane using a parachute that had been through rigorous scientific testing or a device that was designed using the writings from a 3000 year old book with no scientific basis whatsoever.

Last edited:
The original thread name is WHY....
my answer is WHY NOT....
Grannie anyone who takes offence to what a complete stranger (and a lot are strange) writes on the internet shouldnt be on the internet.
Next time your arguing with an idiot make sure there not doing the same thing. Religion is like politics. Both have there place and both have fanatics but neither should be discussed publicly. If we stick to what we all have in common then no one should argue or be derogatory. i have snakes what do you have is better than what party you voting for or what god are you praying for. I also support two teams in the NRL 1st is Penrith Panthers 2nd is any team playing Parramatta eels go the cowboys.

LOL....oh dear....perhaps I shouldn't have started this....mmmm, I did say a little while ago, that I sometimes get...foot in mouth disease :lol:
Your intentions as always are good :) and to be honest every-one who is reading and posting on this thread is doing so because they "choose" to so they must be interested or why get involved :) I personally feel it is great to see/hear people with different views, I also believe in manners and thinking of other peoples feelings so generally I think before I type/speak :)

:) Perhaps I should ask the ... powers that be ..... to delete the thread !!

NO!!! its here now and ive spent time a wasting typing so dont delete it leave it in the space time continuem of computer net thingy for all eternity and then in 100 years time when people are having same arguments(which they will be) they can look up your thread and see how they have progressed or not.
Second thoughts delete delete delete

If the existence of god is logically possible, then the worst a believer should be called is 'irrational'. Of course others will call them much worse, disgusted at the hate that religion has spread, and fearful of that it will do if allowed to do so. If you don't like a show you change the channel or turn the TV off. Likewise if you think a particular thread will contain material which is offensive to yourself then simply don't open it up. Here in Australia people are over sensitive to having their religious views challenged because we are such a civilized country. We don't fear for our lives every day like other people do. And so we have become somewhat hypersensitive to criticism of our most fundamental views. People should grow a thick skin, for their own benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back