putting spotted pythons together...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_sam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
got a pair of maccies at the same age and size and im just wondering how old they have to be to be put together in the same enclosure. love it if you shared your opinions and experiences. thanx guys :D

I have my 2 spotted's together m is 2 f is 3 and have no dramas, obviously not ganna breed while the are housed together, been told if I want to breed have to separate for 6 months prior to hibernation, put them together and just watch them, was also told let them meet in mutual ground 1st then once happy put them both in together, hope this helps

If they are male and female, i dont know. but if they are the same sex, anytime i guess??

don't do it mate, not worth the risk. you can have them together fine for years and then one day one snake try to eat the other one.
also don't put two males together they'll fight.

Last edited:
I keep two male spotted pythons in the same enclosure,both yearlings,they get along great.

As far as I am aware, 2 males will cohabitate just fine..... until you put a girl in the mix. Then the boys will fight. I would put them together, but watch what they do, make sure no agro before you go make a cuppa coffee. Make sure lots of hides at least one each at each end (warm end and cool end)

I would suggest you put them together in a separate tub or enclosure, so there is no territory involved to fight over. If they are ok with each other for a day or so, clean out the enclosure they will be living in (to lessen the territorial smells of the snake last alone in that enclosure) then, when you are happy they wont eat each other and you move them into the enclosure, pick them both up together and put them into the enclosure together, so they cant argue "I was here first!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back