Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only lasted 30-40 minutes before I piked :\

Bummer I'm working, my sis and her hubby are there, called me up this mornin' lettin me know of a few good deals but my wife said no cos we have car rego, god damnit.

Had a great day , very busy all day , didnt get to see to much stuck at my table ... Big thank you to all the people at sofar another great year , would love to see photos if anyone got any

I went for a look, not really interested in buying any stock etc but took the misses and 10 month old daughter. I thought it was pretty good, busy at some of the sellers tables and had to wait a good 5mins or so just to have a look at what they had but I spose that is good for sellers. I would have liked to see some of the newer varieties of pythons at least on display like jags/rpm carpets etc but they may have been there earlier as I didn't get there till about 2 as I had a work thing in town for lunch.

I definatly could have stayed longer but Kidlet was heading down hill fast and needed to get home for a snooze.

Good work SOFAR

So everyone who actually bought stuff show us some pics of what you got.

How busy was it at open/9am? Heaps packed when I got there at 10:30am.. Kind of wishing I went a bit earlier.

Ah well.. I managed to come home with my bank account unscathed ;)

OK, so it was a super-early day for us. We left home at 5:15am, arriving at the venue at around 8:30am - We stopped for breakfast at Wyong. We were very close to the front of the line, so when we did finally get in I was able to quickly scan all the breeder tables un-hindered. They had a fairly good range of animals for sale, although I don't think it was quite as many as Penrith.
We actually went there with the intention of getting a woma, but then the daughter saw the turtles of course we had to go and get a turtle tank and accessories, so money quickly started running out. The daughter was a little miffed that the turtle breeder would only sell pairs, but it worked out better as it gives time for the new tank to settle before animals are introduced.
So we had a look around and the boy was after either a Jungle or a Diamond. When he saw the Diamond yearlings he fell in love, so is now the proud owner of his first snake ! :D Then the wife saw the scorpions and just had to have one, so she has her little tank for her desk at work.
Overall the expo was very good. The organization was spot-on and all the officials were friendly. They had a good range of retailers, though some were much better value than other's. There was a vast rang of animals up for auction, and it was there that I met Tinky. The auction wasn't till 12:00pm though, and by 11:00 we'd had it, and it was starting to get uncomfortable with all the crowds. It was just as well though, as we'd run out of money by then, so no auction for us !
So now I've got the snake enclosure set up (I still need to get a branch), and the turtle tank as well, I'm totally stuffed. I think it's Beer O'Clock !

Now I will (attempt to) upload some pics of the boy and his new pet.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    IMG_2454.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice review.. I didn't get there until 10:30am, so next time I'll be sure to turn up when it starts. The inability to get close to stalls due to the large crowds (good for sellers) was why I left rather quickly, and I didn't intend on buying anything anyway, so there's that.

My brother picked up a coastal carpet python, my mum didnt let me get a beardy tho :( but i got supplies for my new southern angle head dragons. tho the water fall i do not know how to put it together.. :/

I got an Enclosure( Ill post a pic or two soon. Got it for my new Jungle.) Couple of lights and globes. 20kg Desert Red. Poop Scoop. Thinking about it I should of got 2 enclosure. I got a black Reptile One. It's all together. I was so busy I forgot to do some video recording.
I could of bankrupted myself there today.
Well done SOFAR.

Was a nice little expo, i didn't get there until about 12.30 because my wife has been crook all week. Didn't seem to be as much for sale as previous years, maybe i got there to late.
Took my little sis along, she was going to buy some beardies from one of the stalls until they guy at the stall sold 2 to an unlicensed person right in front of us and told him to text him his license details when he got one, yeah like thats going to happen. This annoyed me, so we moved onto another stall and got my sis some nice little centrals so she was happy as a pig in poo.So the only money i spent was the $5 to get in.

wow what a nice day expo was great thanks sofar all tho new to the hunter reagon it was so good to meet ne people keeping herps it ws fantastic! i thought id were my shirt from the expo we ran up in gladstone central queensland to let them know i was an experanced herper and was all to happy to help answer peoples questions its so good to see so meny new people joining the hobby. i wanted to desplay some of my animals but had not got my sofar membership as i am only new to the aria it was good to know what the rules were in regards to bringing reptile to and expo down here. there a fair bit diffrent to up in queensland.i would have had some cash to buy stuff there but i brought some reptiles a few days befor i wont make the same mestake next year.the aucton was an intresting thing i relly wanted to know the sex of the northern velvet gecko that was sold for $70 as i would have easy paid a lot higher for it if it was female as you can probly gess im arfter one for my boy.it was a good chance to show of some of my art work i have only been doing it for a few years and all the work was done free hand.sofar sound like your group is fantastic i will try to get down to your meetings from singleton as i could be a wealth of knowlige of certen geckos an i am only to happy do do care sheets for these. if any one live out nere singleton and gose to the sofar meetings and can give me a lift i would only be to happy to pay for fule.

ps. reminder that the expo in gladstone central queensland is on on the 6th of may it has been running up there scince 2008 well wearth a look at as some unusal animals have been desplayed up there in the last few years i will be trying to get up there to see my old freinds

keep up the good work sofar there nothing like the hobby we are all in to

chears ryan scott aka (geckoman1985)

apparently the 100% het olive snake ranch had there was a female for $600 bucks, spewin when i first walked past i thought for sure it would have been a male at that price, and when i went back it was sold and the girl said it was a female, someone got a bargain.
Great day out anyway. Well done

I couldn't make it took a sickie for the castle hill expo, took day off for the Penrith expo so could've get time off for this one :( sounds like it was a great day maybe next year I will get to go.

Anyone have pics from the expo would love to have a look.

do you know if its a girl if you dont have a male i might have one here fro you he about the same age judging by size ps i will pay 80$ if its a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back