Strange goings on and random wanderings.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lucky indeed, Tahlia. And that's really funny, Beard. I've never seen a person sleepwalking before. I'd love to see it but then I've heard they can be pretty creepy to watch. I'd be so scared if I woke up somewhere with no recollection of how I got there.

I go for a wander every now and then. Generally I don't go back to bed.
I find some nice cold tiles and think "wow, what an awesome comfy place to sleep"
Lie down and go back to sleep. I have always done it (occasionally). When I was
a kid my Mum found me out in the back yard with my balnket cuddled up on the lawn.
There had been a frost that night and I remember thinking "how great I'm sleeping on crunchy grass"
Lucky Mum popped along.

My son...the same one who peed in my sausepan cupboard....used to sleep with his eyes open when he was a wee tiny baby....my mother was holding him once when it happened and when she looked down at him she nearly took a fit !! :lol:
till I told her he was just asleep !!

I have never slept walked, but i do have conversations & do other weird things........only a few weeks ago my partner woke up to me standing on the end of the bed reaching for the fan, apparently i told him i was looking for the kids :? after about 5mins i climbed down, reached for my book & put it over my face before going back to 'sleep' again. A couple of months ago he woke to me trying to lift his pillow, this time i was looking for Matilda (my bredli).......he isnt a huge snake fan, so he was out of bed in a flash, only to realise i was dreaming or whatever!

As children, my brother & i were not very close, before i moved in with my dad at least once a week mum would wake up during the night to me in one room & my brother in the other having arguments in our sleep, we would literally argue back & forth for hours on end, mum would try to wake us to get us to stop but we just kept going.

As children, my brother & i were not very close, before i moved in with my dad at least once a week mum would wake up during the night to me in one room & my brother in the other having arguments in our sleep, we would literally argue back & forth for hours on end, mum would try to wake us to get us to stop but we just kept going.

Lol!!! I love it when people talk in their sleep, it can be really funny. A friend of mine was sleep talking one night, she was in bed upstairs and her mother was on the computer downstairs. My friend yelled to her mother and told her to press 9. Her mother asked why and my friend said "Just press 9!!!" :lol:

When I was in labour with my son....all 23 hours of it from memory....I kept saying... it's 30, it's 30. To me..for some unknown reason... 30 meant the worst pain possible !! So bugger this 10 out of 10 business, for me it was 30 !!!

When i was a kid, i apparently sat up in my bed and called my mother in she asked what was wrong and i said "Yeah i want a chip" and then laid back down lol. Still waiting for my chip...

My sister got up and walked down the hallway, through the lounge and out to car the whilst asleep one night. My parents followed her out there and asked her what she was doing, she advised them that she was cold so she went there to get warm.

Erbitting the oarth.

We used to have a neighbour that did the same thing as you Beard, was a girl though, 22, blonde, tall, top heavy :shock::shock:, and stunning, three times i came home from night shift to find in the street starkers, she was watering our front garden once, after a few minutes i felt sorry for the poor girl and turned the hose on her, woke her up pretty quick but i didn't see her out there again after that.

I sing in my sleep. Not all the time but every few months or so! The other half thinks its funny as because I make up songs about anything and everything! His favourite one was the time i made up a song about our cat and Batman. It went along the lines of "My cat likes Batman cos Batman is a cat...." Lucky I can sing ok! I do sit up in bed sometimes and ask him random things.
One time (when I lived at home with the olds) I sat up in bed put a shirt on backwards and inside out and ran into the kitchen to make a "Chicken mayo wrap" for a customer. It was 2am and my dad was asleep on the couch when I was trying to make this in the kitchen. He woke and asked me what I was up to with my response " Im making a wrap for that lady over there because no one will do it". Dad said ok and watched me pick random things up and hand it to "the lady". After that I walked back to bed and started to snore. :D

Never wake a sleepwalker. It can be damaging mentally. My bro use to do it all the time between the age of 8 to 12. He use to play lego with Dad at the table, would bounce off the walls or sit and watch TV with my olds... all while sleepwalking. You just take them back to bed and the go back into their deep sleep.

I think the never wake a sleepwalker is an urban myth, not sure.
But being one I liken it to being zombified, kinda in another zone. I've been woken up before.
I usually say something stupid then go back to bed. (I think?)

Ahh I tend to sleepwalk when I'm utterly exausted or stressed. Won't go into my stories, have far too many lol! When I do sleepwalk apparently I look totally normal, don't walk into things, can have a conversation and talk normally. the only apparent giveaway is that I usually do something utterly random- e.g. go looking for a sock in the kitchen.

Mum always used to just tell me to go back to bed, and I was always obedient. seems to work better than trying to wake someone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back