How long on a basic! DOING MY HEAD IN

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontyTheBredl

Reaction score
Okay, So ill get straight to the point. DO YOU HAVE TO HOLD A BASIC LICENCE FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE YOU CAN APPLY FOR AN ADVANCED LICENCE IN VICTORIA? No 'in my state blah blah' i just want a straight clear answer. its doing my head in. I cant find anything in the DSE book thingymabob :?

Getting a license in Victoria is ridiculously easy. I got my Advanced license without holding a basic one previously.
Literally all you do is print a copy of Advanced Wildlife License from the DSE website, fill in the details, pay more money and send it off. Within a few weeks you shuld have your Advanced license.
Simple!
No need to stress =)

I just got my basic licence back again but now that I'm chasing a Woma I'm looking at an upgrade in licence. Meh!

I should have just applied for that one. 8)

Can I just ask what the point is to having different levels of licence if you can get any one you want any time you want?

Can I just ask what the point is to having different levels of licence if you can get any one you want any time you want?
more $$$$ for our government friends.... it is a stupid system if you ask me. pay enough money and you can keep one of the worlds most ven snake. :shock:

Agreed, seems to make a mockery of calling it an advanced licence if you don't need to be advanced to obtain one

I think it should be only advanced for elapids and other extremely rare species.. And you must hold a basic licence for 3 years first before you can apply for an advanced. Its a stupid system ill agree

more $$$$ for our government friends.... it is a stupid system if you ask me. pay enough money and you can keep one of the worlds most ven snake. :shock:
the same could be said about having a basic license , on a basic u can keep AUS`s second largest monitor [ the lace monitor ] but inorder to buy a woma u need an advanced ..... either way the system is what it is .

So let me get this straight in Vic 'Joe Blow' with no reptile keeping experience can simply fill in some paperwork and a week later have taipans, tiger snakes, death adders, saltwater crocs etc in his care!?! That's madness pure and simply

So let me get this straight in Vic 'Joe Blow' with no reptile keeping experience can simply fill in some paperwork and a week later have taipans, tiger snakes, death adders, saltwater crocs etc in his care!?! That's madness pure and simply
yup sure can :)

anyone under 18 cant hold an advanced license without a ven handling course, apart from that it is a typical victorian money grubbing exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back