COAL SEAM GAS: Do you want to eat farm food and drink water in 5 years’ time?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymonde

Reaction score
PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH EVERYONE
I am asking you to read the below and if it is ok with you, forward any of the variations to anyone who would like to eat and drink safely in 5 years time.
We are doing this to make people aware. Politicians are not informed, the newspapers are not getting the full story, people need to know.
All the info is out there, do NOT take my word for it. All I am asking is that people of all creed and colour have a look at all sides of the issue: it is too important not to, and yes, it influences how you vote on Saturday. Please cut and paste the attached visuals (by Martin Bannard), adapt it to your own, keep it fresh. All I have done is gathered relevant bits.

Do you want to eat farm food and drink water in 5 years’ time?

Then this horrific story, happening 1 hour away from you, concerns you. What if someone came to your home and said I have the right to drill in your garden for gas and there was no way you could say no? Your kids end up with gushing nosebleeds and no food or water and there is nothing you can do? That is what is happening 1 hour away from Logan near Boonah. There are 206 permits pending approval: it will come near you soon! If it is turning Christian farmers into revolutionaries Tara, QLD - Coal Seam Gas Aerial Footage - YouTube, Lock The Gate Alliance Inc , what will it do to you?

TALK about it, read up
Six Degrees | Coal and Climate Change, Coal Seam Gas: By The Numbers (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Fossil fuels Views & Research - The Conversation,

SHARE it, send this on. This is not about left or right, but about right or wrong. Send it to all that care about food security. Get it discussed everywhere!

ACTION it, any which way that suits you GetUp! - Don't risk Coal Seam Gas I have called all politicians in my area, and it is amazing what they do and don’t know. Very informative! Candidate | ALP Queensland, CanDo Candidates - CanDoQLD

Tell others and tell voters to ask questions of their politicians. Only the small parties are not in a deal with the mines. Campbell even wants to remove the watchdog called Derm. Do a Youtube on queensland coal seam gas for stories; it is full of it. Watch Alan Jones speech.

Oh and there is an alternative to that idea that mines bring jobs. They don’t actually, but this does: Beyond Zero Emissions, Beyond Zero Emissions is an independent, not-for-profit organisation of scientists and experts who worked out how to give all Australia very cheap solar and wind energy and jobs that stay.

All it needs is for us to be aware and ask politicians to deliver. Please edit and paste and send forward as you see fit.

Prepared by Gabrielle Austerberry (re-posted by Raymonde)

Attachments

• Tourism.jpg
    Tourism.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 111 CSG.jpg
    111 CSG.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 1Farming.jpg
    1Farming.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
thankyou I just had a mini rant on this in another thread, it's a nasty nasty thing for life period

Its an absolute joke they have let it get to this. Its sad that governments are largely scientifically illiterate and rely heavily on misinformation from powerful lobby groups.

thankyou I just had a mini rant on this in another thread, it's a nasty nasty thing for life period

i think it was the thread i jump started (bumped), i first checked if anyone else had posted about CSG before starting a new thread

a news article about the biological/environmental effects of CSG http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/reptile-news-5375/biologists-warn-species-risk-new-173216/

Its an absolute joke they have let it get to this. Its sad that governments are largely scientifically illiterate and rely heavily on misinformation from powerful lobby groups.

Which is why ordinary people like us have to bring it to their attention. If enough people show they care, the politicians WILL listen and hopefully ACT.

To be honest, I'm in two minds about it, I haven't read your information, but that's more of a time constraint at the moment then anything.

I'll just ask a question here and see what people answer, WITHOUT researching, just by your own knowledge, how many years do you think CSG mining has been happening in Australia?

The Chinese government owns the mine company attempting to infiltrate the Scenic Rim area :(:(:(

There won't be jobs for Australians

They will frack our water too

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm in two minds about it, I haven't read your information, but that's more of a time constraint at the moment then anything.

I'll just ask a question here and see what people answer, WITHOUT researching, just by your own knowledge, how many years do you think CSG mining has been happening in Australia?

with out researching... mmm... i think about 5-10years... but (i believe) the industry has gone through a recent explosion in the last 1-2years

With researching.... I found something that said CSG has emerged as a major industry in australia in little more than a decade... so i guess that means it has been around for +10 years. However it has really taken off in recent times, there 206 applications for new mines pending.....

Get your own mining permits people, then you put a mining lease over your farm and no one else can mine it. Simple and cheap.
Mean while i have farm for sale to the highest bidder, ill move to tassie Bob Brown will never let CSG miners in down there.

just look at gladstone harbour... its fecked since the start of lng works. its meant to be protected there too. too much money in this industry and greedy gubernments.

"A large coal seam gas exploration permit has been granted over a large part of Brisbane’s western suburbs.The permit, known as EPP641 is owned by BNG Pty Ltd which is a subsidiary of the large CSG company, Arrow which is, in turn, owned 50-50 by the multi-national corporations, PetroChina and Shell.Suburbs of Brisbane covered by the EPP include Moggill, Pullenvale, Karana Downs and Brookfield and the tenement comes within a kilometre or so of the Kenmore shopping centre."
Coal seam gas tenements in Brisbane suburbs | Coal Seam Gas Australia

it's actually sitting around the 2 decade mark for certain areas, I think even slightly longer by a couple of years.

You are definitely correct that it's exploded in recent times, Wrightpython I think most mining leases have already been taken, that's my understanding anyway.

I think some of you should also have a look at Barrow Island in WA, it's a class A nature reserve, just have a look on google maps at what they've done to the place, it's a precursor and basically an experiment to gain approvals to begin mining in Antartica

Oh and there's a mining lease on an inner sydney suburb which I read they wanted to begin exploratory drilling in the near future, though I believe common sense will probably prevail in that case

I haven't read a great deal about CSG and fracking so I can't put forward a final opinion. What I have read suggests, at least to me, "proceed with caution". I support an independent inquiry into the practice.

Personally, I'm over that section of humanity that considers it their birthright to plunder the Earth of natural resources and damn the consequences.

Every one keeps saying common sense and gov will have to listen. They dont and they wont and if you were government and you had 200 billion dollar debt and promised everyone surplus next year wouldnt you look at every option even if it meant killing your voters. I feel sorry for anyone within proximity to these damn things. I thought it had been going on for 30 years or more but now they want to frack and thats where the problem lies, normal csg has been drilled for years without to many problems the issue is it takes a long time to remove gas so coal can be mined, fracking allows more gas to be removed and coal reached earlier.
Mine out at Gulgong has 25 years worth of gas before they can reach coal fracking brings this down to 5 years, thankfully this mine wants gas over long period to power its other mines so they dont frack

The Chinese government owns the mine company attempting to infiltrate the Scenic Rim area :(:(:(

There won't be jobs for Australians

They will frack our water too
I am against it and this is why I havent taken a job within the csg indus, there is alot of jobs aviliable, but when all the farm land is destoryed how much will it cost to buy food then?

Get your own mining permits people, then you put a mining lease over your farm and no one else can mine it. Simple and cheap.
Mean while i have farm for sale to the highest bidder, ill move to tassie Bob Brown will never let CSG miners in down there.
bob is as bad as the rest, are they still logging in tassie?

Last edited:
Anyone seen that documentry called 'Gasland' ? Hydraulic Fracturing is fracking scary.

Anyone seen that documentry called 'Gasland' ? Hydraulic Fracturing is fracking scary.
there is another documentary on coal seam gas mining with an Australian perspective called 'bimblebox' which is just as scary but more real as set in Australia rather than America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back