King Sirloin the legend - Part 2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
King Sirloin has kindly been making beautiful cages for me for the past few years, so i felt a bit cheeky this year when i asked for something special,...

i had a general idea of what i wanted, 2 large enclosures with some kind of removeable wall between them so i can open it up for breeding season, but have them living seperately for the majority of the year,...and a shelf up the top so they can get nice and cosy under the heat panels,....but mostly, it was going in the bedroom and had to look awesome,...

What Craig delivered by far exceeded my wildest expectations, to say im over the moon with them would be an understatement,..(i think the inhabitants feel the same) :)

Craig suggested making the divider a glass one, which lets so much light in, and really joins the unit beautifully, the base and hood are seperate, and make the unit stable, its not finished yet, theres 2 beardy enclosures being made to sit on top, but i couldnt wait for the whole thing to be ready before moving the snakes in! :p
the shelf is also removeable by turning the round thing, incase it needs a good scrub.

anyway, just thought id post Craigs awesome work,....comments welcome! :)

Attachments

• Cages.jpg
    Cages.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 258
  • handles.jpg
    handles.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 169
  • removeable glass divider.jpg
    removeable glass divider.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 178
  • Removeable shelf.jpg
    Removeable shelf.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 147
  • Vents.jpg
    Vents.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Poo catcher.jpg
    Poo catcher.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 144
  • Door trim.jpg
    Door trim.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
thanks! :p

the bulk of it is plywood, stained and sealed, (i think there might have been ALOT of sanding done) the doors/trim is solid pine.

Thats awesome Chris, im sure the new inhabitants will love it... Keep me posted when you have some eggs later this year... ;)

thanks for the nice comments everyone! :p

,..and ofcourse i'll keep you posted if theres eggies Scott, shes a bit over 2kg, so im hopeful. :)
shes in shed and thouroughly enjoying her basket atm,.... :)

i got in trouble last night when my bf woke to find me sitting on the end of the bed with a torch watching the snakes play, hehehe, bedroom was probably a bad place! :p

(girl diamond seems to think shes staying, better get some more made so i dont make myself unpopular when i move her,...)

Attachments

• Girl.jpg
    Girl.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Bella.jpg
    Bella.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 80
Looks great :) may I ask how much it costed you.

After looking at this and other gorgeous enclosures on the site, I have made up my mind..... I am never ever posting pics of my poor snakes in their measly enclosures lol I wont show them these pics either(dont want them seeing how the other half live) wahhhh I have Ghetto snakes...... truly beautiful work, he is wrongly named though... He should be King Enclosure Craftsman ;)

Superb! And I love the Snake handles on the doors they really set the piece off for me.

Wow, they look a lot nicer set up inside than in my dusty garage. I think I want them back now....I have a spare room too! :p

A few notes for those interested:
Handles are 'The Liasis' from Virides
Cabinets built from 15mm pine ply. Frames, doors, base and crown in solid pine.
Timber vents from Bunnings - stained to match (Walnut)
Cabots acrylic stains and varnishes used.
Cabinet stands 1500mm high (so far), 2400mm long and is 600mm deep. Although this was the downscaled version, I think Chris still needed renovations after we got it upstairs.
And yes there was a lot of sanding. I had to order a new dust bag for my sander, the old one popped.

ps. Many thanks to Chris for the job, comments and praise.

Last edited:
What a gorgeous set up!!! I am truly embarassed about the ghetto state of mine. Mine are more practical than display...we would need a seperate house if we had display enclosures for all of them. Truly gorgeous work :)

Wow, they look a lot nicer set up inside than in my dusty garage. I think I want them back now....I have a spare room too! :p

A few notes for those interested:
Handles are 'The Liasis' from Virides
Cabinets built from pine ply. Frames, doors, base and crown in solid pine.
Timber vents from Bunnings - stained to match (Walnut)
Cabots acrylic stains and varnishes used.
Cabinet stands 1500mm high (so far), 2400mm long and is 600mm deep. Although this was the downscaled version, I think Chris still needed renovations after we got it upstairs.
And yes there was a lot of sanding. I had to order a new dust bag for my sander, the old one popped.

ps. Many thanks to Chris for the job, comments and praise.

I can imagine what a total cost would be like because of the time and effort involved but if you don't mind... how much materials cost is in the example we have been shown? And what thickness of ply?

Actulally I'd be curious about a half width version as I only have the one snake.

I really think that hanging basket idea is pretty cool....well done. In all these years of building display cages and stuff, i have never seen or thought of that and she seems to like it in there.... what a crack up... well done Chris... :)

Wow thats amazing. It looked good when i saw it in your garage Craig but that looks awsome now that its got everything in it!

Superb! And I love the Snake handles on the doors they really set the piece off for me.

again, Craigs idea, and i agree, they are brilliant!!

hahaha, no chance,....... i know an awesome guy who can make you some tho, lol,...!!

I can imagine what a total cost would be like because of the time and effort involved but if you don't mind... how much materials cost is in the example we have been shown? And what thickness of ply?

Actulally I'd be curious about a half width version as I only have the one snake.

materials cost between 1200 and 1300ish,....i did say spare no expense,... :p

I really think that hanging basket idea is pretty cool....well done. In all these years of building display cages and stuff, i have never seen or thought of that and she seems to like it in there.... what a crack up... well done Chris... :)

thanks, they both love the baskets, i was spewing i couldnt find a matching one for the other side,....playing the waiting game fro bunnings to get another of the same. :)

thanks again fro all the compliments,...

i forgot to add, my original size wouldnt have made it up the stairs, Craig even thought of that and amended my measurements to make them fit,..and a tight fit it was!!

truly beautiful work, he is wrongly named though... He should be King Enclosure Craftsman ;)

i couldnt agree more,....! :p

Last edited:
The finished product!!

The wall unit is complete!

like the bottom sections, the top ones also have removeable glass between them so it can be 1 huge enclosure, or 2 X 4 footers.
love the matching trimming,...and everything else about them,....

Many thanks once again to the very talented Craig,.....as always im totally blown away by your amazing work,...!!

comments on Craigs awesomeness are welcome!! :p

Attachments

• WallUnit.jpg
    WallUnit.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 55
Holy crap, that's incredible!! I feel sorry for my snakes, they too have ghetto enclosures. My poor Bredli is in a converted childrens wardrobe, with perspex on the front. Perspex! The horror!
I bet sometimes they wonder what it would be like if some wonderful person came along and whisked them out of the ghetto and into beautiful enclosures like yours...

Oh, and I'm definitely stealing the idea of hanging baskets!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back