Gasing Chamber... How euthanase humanely

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

porkosta

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is aimed at anyone that uses a gas chamber to
euthanase their home grown snake food.Can anyone show me how their setup looks or is made?
I am keen to see what people used as build materials as well as what gas is used and where it can be obtained from.

I am looking for ideas on how to build one as part of a Myna bird control program and thought who better than to ask than the people that may do this on a weekly basis.
Any captured pest birds (Common Mynas - not native Mynas) are to be
euthanased quickly and humanely.

Thanks,
Andy

The method I've seen used is:keep them in the cage that is caught, put the cage under a tarp, weight all the edges of the tarp down, attach a hose from your car exhaust to under the tarp and start the car and run for 10 minutes.It works best when the car is cold as the fumes are more toxic...I'm yet to try this as my myna bird trap is yet to catch anything...

The method I've seen used is:keep them in the cage that is caught, put the cage under a tarp, weight all the edges of the tarp down, attach a hose from your car exhaust to under the tarp and start the car and run for 10 minutes.It works best when the car is cold as the fumes are more toxic...I'm yet to try this as my myna bird trap is yet to catch anything...

I read about this method today except it was putting the Mynas in a hessian bag and then into a tub or large bucket with a lid that has the hose attached. It said 10-15 seconds they were stunned and 40-60 till they were
euthanased. The article I read also mentioned a cold engine was more effective.
I only just got the materials to make my trap today so I might try get it done over the weekend... I can only dream of the day when there isn't hundreds of those damn Mynas nesting and making so much noise in the surrounding trees in my area and native birds will make a return...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back