Short underwater video: Rye Pier, Victoria

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice mate,amazes me the sea life around that pier,thats pretty impressive footage,is that a stock go pro or did u get the flatter lense for it

Thanks for the comments everyone

amazes me the sea life around that pier,thats pretty impressive footage,is that a stock go pro or did u get the flatter lense for it

I've been there twice now and each time seen different things, a great spot to snorkel or dive.

You soon realise with a Gopro that the standard housing is useless for sharp underwater footage. For an extra $70 I got an aftermarket flat lens which makes the world of difference. Mine is an "eye of mine" housing. Does the job, but it's just an extra gopro housing with a flat piece of perspex glued on the front, easy enough to do yourself IF you trust your waterproofing skills! I only use mine down to about 6m so loose a little colour. You can get other aftermarket ones such as Blurfix to which you can attach colour filters for deeper water if you are a diver.

Thank you sooo much! It was a superb video!!!
I ride my bike to Rye pier most mornings from home, then turn around and head for home,,,must bring my snorkel with me one day!

Thanks Greg, these vids highlight our backyard here on the Mornington peninsula and i love them. Judy, Ill go snorkling with you if you want,
Gotta love those GoPro cameras

i just got a go pro surf edition,dont scuba but do snorkel and spearfish,will look into the lenses,i was going to say,it looked quite sharp compared to what u normally see with them,sorrento pier is probably where ive been the most,grew up there though so was only 10 min walk in my pre licence days,lol

portseas pretty good to,only issue with sorrento is the car ferry,though u swim elsewhere when its there,then try swimming against the currrent when its buggering off,quite fun to try,the fish come out to go for all the stuff it churns up

That's some amazing footage you've got there. Nice variety of sea critters too.

You've definitely piqued my interest with the gopro now :D

That's amazing! You don't realise how amazing our bay is until you see something like this.

Wow,....audio and visuals married perfectly Soo professionally done. Loved it loved it :)

Subin to your Youtube now ;)

Thanks Greg, these vids highlight our backyard here on the Mornington peninsula and i love them. Judy, Ill go snorkling with you if you want,
:) It's a date Baz!! our spouses would probably love to join us...our beautiful backyard...
;) ssshhhh I won't say anything about the 8 dolphins frolicking back and forth in front of hubby and I last week right after we came out of the water from swimming! what a show! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back