you wont guess how old this snake is.. case of neglect :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"kanye" will be moved onto hopper rats today.. im excited!!! hes doing really well, but i honestly cant wait to get rid of him haha.
obviously wont be for at least a year, but hes a prick haha.

What's the problem? Is he snappy or something? He certainly is looking a lot better in those pics you posted.

heres both of my bredlis after a shed, they shed within 2 days of each other.
the bigger pretty one is my 1 year old and the dull smaller one is the 3 year old.

fascinating colour difference.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 9.35.19 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-03-21 at 9.35.19 PM.png
    478.1 KB · Views: 100
I don't think he looks 'dull' they both look like gorgeous snakes. You have done really wel rehabbing this one and maybe with a bit of time his temper will settle too, he is obviously getting infinitely more TLC with you compared to the previous owner.

"Kanye" now has 2 fuzzy rats a feed, i used the rest of the packet last night soo i will be buying hopper rats for him now :)
im really happy with him, he has an awesome feeding response. my bigger bredli is really lazy and i have to bash him with the rat for a while before he takes it, but the little guy snatches it as soon as i open the lid to his tub.

Ill be looking to rehome him soon if anyone is interested.. i cant afford to keep the two of them especially with my big one now taking big expensive rats and this little one going up to more expensive food. im hesitant to get rid of him because im sort of attached and im worried he will be neglected again so if anyone wants to continue putting in the effort to bring this little guy up to size and keep him healthy, please let me know.

thanks, chelsie.

Sorry to be this guy but.....
"last week my friend who also has a big beautiful bredli bought this snake. when he went to pick the snake up, he said he was so shocked and disgusted, but didnt want to upset her and gave her the money and left.. he called me this morning and asked if i could take him because he doesnt have the room"??????

Why did he go and buy a snake if stright away after he didnt have the room for it?????
Yep i did one of those annoying post, sorry.

Poor little snake needs a good feed.

Sorry to be this guy but.....
"last week my friend who also has a big beautiful bredli bought this snake. when he went to pick the snake up, he said he was so shocked and disgusted, but didnt want to upset her and gave her the money and left.. he called me this morning and asked if i could take him because he doesnt have the room"??????

Why did he go and buy a snake if stright away after he didnt have the room for it?????
Yep i didnt one of those annoying post, sorry.

Poor little snake needs a good feed.

if you kept reading, i later found out the real story.. he told me he quit his job but the blokes he works with told me that he actually got fired. so i think he was a little bit embarrassed to tell me the real problem.
kanye is doing fine, a picture of health and is fed every 5 days now.

technically he did a good thing for taking it off her hands to start with, and selling it on to somebody he knew was keen to take care of it.

Glad to hear kayne is going well Cwebb .....tho still like to starv your friend :D

just a question of why bath in 10% powerade

Like you, when the snake is dehydrated it is low on electrolites and the powerade solution helps to hydrate them more efficiently as it replaces the electrolites.

Just an update everyone..
Kanye now weighs just under 200g and was 80g when i got him just under 2 months ago
he is feeding very well on either a small quail or 2 hopper rats (thats right, 2 hoppers) every 5 days.

Unfortunately today he is going to a new home :( surprisingly had 5 people interested in him but sold him to a family friend. he will be their first snake however they have lizards so they should be fine and i have assured them that if they need any.help or want to get rid of him, please call me or ill buy him back.

She works at petbarn and has already bought a tank and light and everything haha. bit sad but i couldnt afford it anymore :(

Thanks for the support guys, i believe hes in safe hands and has found a good home hopefully forever.

That's a great end result. Good work on the weight gain, I bet he's much happier now.
Glad to hear he's going to someone responsible and you may even get to see him again! :D

Yeah I like that he is going to a family friend, you'll be able to keep an eye on him from time to time. Great job and a wonderful result.

Omg that is so sad.
And snakes are so much easier to look after than other animals, IMO they require the least attention. A feed and clean out the cage every week or 2, 20 mins max :no:

I hope she doesn't have any other pets to neglect and I'm glad you rescued it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back