snake measuring

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or just do what most people do, guess what size it is the ad a foot to it!

I know how long and wide my tank is and when the other day he started in one corner and went almost fully along two walls I new he is about 800mm.

thats so cool next,next,agree,next,next,install,exit that was the easiest download ever

I also recall someone set up an Excel spreadsheet for you to keep records as well. Unfortunately, I can't recall who did and what was involved. But it's heaps of fun to keep these records and really see how your babies are blossoming :)

Still get around about the size don't ya ?
my little hatchie woma is roughly 55cm and his shed measured at 73cm so no they can stretch it alot and thats over a little snake imagine doing it on something like a full grown scrubby you would be meters off the mark

Just used this software to measure one of my snakes. BRILLIANT, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!

Go the string, but you may need a hand if he doesnt want to stay still...

I measured my diamond girls shed and she was 5'7", measured her using string - 5'2" .. the string may be tricky with bigger snakes but its probably a better way than tape measuring :)

It can be upto 10-15% longer in some cases!

The BHP stated before is some 30% larger... Goes to show the variation if you wanted to use a shed to measure the size... Which is why it is not an accurate representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back