Eastern Water Dragon Nip

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leonardtb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Thought i would see what a bite off Sheldon my 1 Year old eastern water dragon would feel like as he is being a bit snappy recently and i would rather not be suprised when he does bite me, I found out that he doesnt break skin but i had to pull him of my finger. little bugger.

408529_10150675796356698_758516697_9150472_1714105219_n.jpg

545661_10150675797926698_758516697_9150473_1919478088_n.jpg

I was hand feeding my female once and she got over exited and instead of getting just the cricket got my finger too. little bit of blood but was quite amusing to have a lizard hanging off my finger. (not literally)

I was hand feeding my female once and she got over exited and instead of getting just the cricket got my finger too. little bit of blood but was quite amusing to have a lizard hanging off my finger. (not literally)

At least yours did it by accident. My hellspawn water dragon Not Stompy cannot be hand fed, because he actually disregards the food and goes straight for the fingers. little bugger.

Just a quick one. All you guys have experience with ewd so I thought I would ask , do you think he looks happy and healthy, only he is a year old and about 30cms long. Is this about right. He has she'd once in the six months I have had him and eats well. He is my first lizard so I'm new to the hobby.

Cheers guys

You will find EWD's are quite shy and hard to handle until they put on some size. As adults they are much less shy. I dont handle mine too often and when I do I dont not restrict her movement at all. that way she is sitting on my hand for example and i am not wrapping my fingers around her. If i do she feels threatened and will try to run off. All about patience with them. I would avoid mealworms too. stick with crickets and fruit n veg. any other Q's pm me

I have tried fruit and veg but it just ends up drying up he never touchs it. He only really started being interested in crickets just after Christmas. Any tips. I only give the meal worms as a treat a couple of times a month

try putting the a small shallow bowl with vaso over the top chuck some woodies in and chuck veggies in on top worked a treat for my 2 ewd and their only 3 months old

Just a quick one. All you guys have experience with ewd so I thought I would ask , do you think he looks happy and healthy, only he is a year old and about 30cms long. Is this about right. He has she'd once in the six months I have had him and eats well. He is my first lizard so I'm new to the hobby.

Cheers guys
Looks a bit lean to me. How much are you feeding and how often?
Also how active is he?
Mealworms should be fed sparingly, try mixing them in with the vegies. Chop the vegies to a size that the dragon can accidently eat some plant matter. That worked for me.

My female Water Dragon just bit me a couple days ago, lol. She got too excited while feeding her and my turtles and she accidently bit my finger. It hurt a little and drew a little bit of blood. Got a cut on both sides of my finger, and is a bit sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back