This week in Arnhem Land

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I spent the week in central Arnhem Land. Drove 400 km of sloppy road to drop off some software and trained up the Bagala Rangers in identifying and destroying weeds.

The country is looking fine
DSC_0128.jpg
DSC_0127.jpg

So was this young feral

DSC_0125.jpg
DSC_0124.jpg

Salmon gums. back in the late 1800's miners used to go loopy and fall in love with the shapes and flesh tones of these trees. Gun battles were fought over someone staring at a man's chosen tree.

DSC_0152.jpg

Clean air and storms

DSC_0140.jpg
DSC_0139.jpg

a beautiful weed and the seeds of destruction

DSC_8615.jpg
DSC_8809.jpg

Here's Ray, we're working on his country and it's a beautiful place. And the other Rangers and anyone else who wanted to be in the phto ha ha. I'm the dodgy looking one on the far right.

DSC_8691.jpg
DSC_8773.jpg

here's the classroon

DSC_8894.jpg

You dont get rich doing this but you do!!!

Nice! Thanks for sharing:). What's the weed and any more info on it, steve ?

Butterfly pea. far less a worry compared to some others. I have a hatchie alb darwin coming tomorrow! Makes me think of Borisimo.

The young and the beautiful and Boris takes the latter!

youth is wasted on the young, etc, etc
Politics is a choice between soft and hard ****, erc,etc.etc

First beers in 8 days. Going down well :)

First beers in 8 days. Going down well :)

Enjoy, mate:)! Have one for me and Boris (or should that be Boris and I?) if you need an excuse to have another. Just don't blame us if you wake up tommorrow looking and feeling like your avatar!

lucky man having that backyard. im working at cracking a ranger job down here in the snowies. got a job vacancy up there for me ;)

Enjoy, mate:)! Have one for me and Boris (or should that be Boris and I?) if you need an excuse to have another. Just don't blame us if you wake up tommorrow looking and feeling like your avatar!

What do you mean? That is me!

did you shoot the feral?!!!

Here's Ray, we're working on his country and it's a beautiful place. And the other Rangers and anyone else who wanted to be in the phto ha ha. I'm the dodgy looking one on the far right.

View attachment 244072View attachment 244073

wow mate, you look good in that dress

Nope, there are pastoral leases across central Arnhem and the buff get mustered same time as the cattle.

Thanks for noticing, it's my fave dress :D

Last edited:
Magnificent....although this was not originally my land.....I'm still very proud to be a part of it now....

Goodonya Annie!! :)

lucky man having that backyard. im working at cracking a ranger job down here in the snowies. got a job vacancy up there for me ;)

There's jobs for sure and experience is a major factor, pieces of paper are smiled upon but it's still true here that what and who you know takes precedence, nonetheless.........dont ask dont get!

Last edited:
Looks great steve. I can't wait till I am up in the NT. the 7th of may cant come quick enough, then up there until the 18th.

Looks great steve. I can't wait till I am up in the NT. the 7th of may cant come quick enough, then up there until the 18th.

Wocha up to while your here? Nice time of year, plenty of water around but the rivers drop to crossable levels and you can get around a lot more than currently.

Photos make me homesick too. great shots, what a job. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back