Themed Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcanal01

Reaction score
I was just reading another thread about someone building a jail themed tank which would be crazy! I’m thinking of designing a themed enclosure for my new tanks! I don’t really have any idea of what to do or even where to start atm lol. My tank is a dual bay tank each at 1200x600x600, it’s for my two Darwin’s one is a albino the other a het! I also have another tank for my bredli which ill attempt after I accomplish this, as my Darwin’s are still in their hatchy tubes so it will be much easier. I know a lot of people are using the jungle themes and stuff but I’m thinking something a little crazier like the jail theme in the other thread or an ice theme or fire theme just wanting some crazy idea’s lol! something uncommon something exciting and strange something AWESOME!! And yea I’m Just wondering how many people are making themed tanks now days, if you have any idea’s or pictures of your designs post them up!!

Cheers :D:D

Your imagination is the key here. Think of something then google images...... Once you start looking you'll be spoilt for choice, I've got a folder full of ideas. I'd personally go a liitle darker background for the albino and a light one for the het.

There are lots of themed enclosures threads around, I'll see if I can find some when I'm on the PC and link back here with them

Old shed or building site! Put a few signs etc up

I am currently working on a "marman" temple, still got to finish the head and tidy up a couple of bits before I start grouting.
It is for my marmorata, to fit in an exo terra 60x45x45
P3260013edit.jpg

Few ideas:

AMAZON_TREE_%28_SAMPLE_2_%29%281%29.jpg

MALAWI_%28_1_%29.JPG

23hrsjs.jpg

This one i built myself, feel free to pmme if you want progress pics and info on the build.

Last edited:
I do all of my vivs in what I call "Reptile Enclosure Theme". Basically they all look like reptile enclosures...

I do all of my vivs in what I call "Reptile Enclosure Theme". Basically they all look like reptile enclosures...

I thought you were into those small human skulls and the whole "bone" theme, Snowman?

You have all white tanks that have igloo hides and snowmen as climbing spots dontya snowman they're just hard to see cos its all white

what has educated got to do with having a theme?
Stimilove was referring to my pet hate of people puting skulls in enclosures trying to make out their harmless pythons are more scary, you know, give their friends and family the feeling they are looking at a scene from Indiana Jones or the Goonies... There's a lot of people how do this for some reason... But lets face it. A bredli in the wild doesnt hang out on a skull does it? It's just a strange choice of decoration IMO. Snakes are beautiful and deserve better ;)
(also I know most of the people are kids, so the childish behaviour of skulls and bones is excused in that situation of course :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
I recon a movie themed enclosure would be cool. Like the snakes on a plane idea. Or maybe even a titanic themed, and the broken up ship can be a hide. But that might be a little hard to make a boat =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back