here are the baby water pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it is a pure food response, i found when i get bitten the hold on for a while, then relise i am not there food, and then look at me as if to say "hey where is my food"

I bought a 2.5 year old male about 9 months ago. He had been a bit neglected and was undersized for age. Now he has put on a lot of condition. He was extremely aggro when I first got him (little handlling), smashing the cage when anyone walked by etc. He is much calmer now (although still a bit cage defensive), hasn't tagged me for months and gets handled weekly. I would say he is still a bit flighty, and has a VERY strong feeding response, but he is a beautiful animal - in the sun, his bright yellow underside and iridescent sheen make him quite a sight. I think they are a good snake but one that requires a bit of respect and confidence. Glad to see a few more getting bred...

omg i have been looking for a water python for ages and none for s ale!

They are very cute lil boogers ..... hehehe I wonder if they are as bitey as my little bubs lol ... I learned real quickly best way to pick up a hatchie to TRY and avoid being bitten lol ....

They are very cute lil boogers ..... hehehe I wonder if they are as bitey as my little bubs lol ... I learned real quickly best way to pick up a hatchie to TRY and avoid being bitten lol ....

baby water pythons = good dodgeball training

Water pythons are very underrated. Some can be very snappy, generally I have found as long as they are fed they are calm and happy. My male is one of the most placid snakes I keep. Will have some hatchies in about a week. Will post pics as they become available. As adults they are similar to olives but are smaller, darker in colour and have a sheen in natural light. When really stressed they can emit a fluid that stinks, and generally are excellent feeders.

Cheers

they are looking real good in the pix after the shed. Nice work.

I have 4 adults , two are evil and the other two are very settled and never try to bite.

Wild ones will thrash around squirting anus juice everywhere when you catch them , most wild pythons do this but fuscus do it a tad more effectively. I kept 2 NT color form ones (captive bred) they were a delight docile and never bit me.

Are these Lasis Fuscus? They look so different to mine!!

Are these Lasis Fuscus? They look so different to mine!!

Hatchlings straight out of the egg look a fair bit different from adults or babies which have sloughed.

Here's one out of the egg from one of this season's clutches of mine.

Babyrainbowsqueezingoutthatfatbuddabelly.jpg

Here's possibly the same one after about three months, looking almost like an adult except the yellow hasn't come through too much yet (hard to see when you can't see much of the belly :p )

SdajisnewWaterPythoninMarch2012.jpg

Would love to get one of these guys off you when there avilable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back