Bad drivers! *Newspaper swat*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I find that I have days when I just seem to attract them. Bonus is that I own an old rusty 4x4 hilux with a bullbar,towbar and steel tray so I'm not too worried about my car, but I would definalty be worried about yours if you hit me.
My pet hate is tailgaters, there is absolutly no need for it and you are putting yourself and more importantly my family in danger by doing it. My solution is to slow down to a speed that if I had to make an emergency stop you could stop too without crashing into me. The old saying ' the closer you get the slower I go' bonus is it makes people cranky impaitent people even more cranky :twisted:

I drive 1000kms every week minimum to work. I see the this kinda stuff every day. Eventually you get to the point where you just feel numb/depressed. You get so worked up over seeing so much dangerous, naieve and daft driving that you just feel numb.
I would say more than half of the neg driving and speeding drivers I see are females. Usually young, on their iphones and thinking they are top of the world with those big sunnies covering up half of their ugly faces.

Last edited:
Up here you get a drop of rain and the pinheads come out in force.
My theory is the moisture levels in the air causes a short in their brain rendering them unable to remember or follow road rules.

My pet peeve is shopping center parking lots where all road rules get thrown out the window. Throw in pedestrians wandering about likes Brown's cows.
My hand to god there must the patron saint of fools watching over these oxygen bandits with the way they just blithely step out in traffic.
I've owned cattle who've had more road sense.

My solution is to slow down to a speed that if I had to make an emergency stop you could stop too without crashing into me. The old saying ' the closer you get the slower I go' bonus is it makes people cranky impaitent people even more cranky :twisted:

The only thing that's ever frustrated me about this take is those times when I'm at a good space behind someone (legit 2 second rule space), then they slow down dramatically, so I take my foot off and try to slow down but go up their bumper by accident, they spot this, think I'm tailgating and slow down even more while I'm trying to get back to where I was... it's a vicious cycle lol. One of these days we're going to end up stopping altogether, then I'll get out and make tea :p

I'll admit, I can be a bit impatient sometimes, but most of the time I try to drive in a way that doesn't inconvenience the people around me in any way. One of my pet hates is the way people think that because it's raining, you need to crawl along at 30km below the limit. I do laugh watching people speed up so they can cut in front of the truck in the next lane and then brake right in front of them so they're not speeding... I'm sure they'll be happy with themselves when a fully loaded semi slams into the back of them. Yeah, sometimes truck drivers can be idiots, but in my experience, it's generally the other idiots on the road that have no idea of the damage a truck can do. I think all truck curtains should be clear, maybe then people would realise how much weight is behind them.
No, I'm not a truckie, but I worked in transport for almost 4 years.

My Mum and sister and I drove up to queensland about a week after I'd gotten my P's. While it was my turn to drive, we were literaly in the middle of nowhere, there was road and not much else. Like not even fields, it was just road and dirt, with nothing in sight. So while they were both asleep, I thought I'd floor it and see how I went. I got it up to 155km, then backed off. A couple of years later my Mum told me she wasn't actually asleep, but figured it was the best possible place to do that, as there literally wasn't even anything around to crash into. It didn't help, sometimes I'm still a bit of a leadfoot.

I was on ACA as I have an in car camera that I capture bad drives and post on you tube

I was on ACA as I have an in car camera that I capture bad drives and post on you tube

I have actually been looking into them recently for insurance purpose as well as dobbing in idiots on the road. I work and look after a few guys who work on alot of differant industrial sites and of all the stuff we encounter I still tell them that driving to and from site is the most dangerous thing that we do, you can be the safest driver in the world but it only takes one idiot driving the other way to turn your day/world upside down.

LOL im a huge fan of the smile and wave.. except when people do it to me, reaallly pissses me off hahahaha

Ahahaha....I use to do the blow kiss and wave until this big guy followed me and my mother who was driving atm, we laughed afterwards. My Son's on his Ls and I tell him also to do what you do Moose. I had an incident similar to yours, the car next to me took off before me only to be hit by a car going through a red light, son remembers that.

We travel on a 90k road, a car two up doing 50/60, one behind overtakes just before the 60k...slow car obviously realised and accelerated to 90k straight into the 60k. What is it with people not being aware of the speed limit and road manners!!

Good on you....sure I saw it. Keep it up lol.

I have actually been looking into them recently for insurance purpose as well as dobbing in idiots on the road. I work and look after a few guys who work on alot of differant industrial sites and of all the stuff we encounter I still tell them that driving to and from site is the most dangerous thing that we do, you can be the safest driver in the world but it only takes one idiot driving the other way to turn your day/world upside down.

Yes I'm on the road everyday and it's true. It' safer on a job site. I drive a concrete truck and still some jobs are on the side of the road. I will park on the wrong side of the road so we are protected by the front of the truck. No fun if they hit us where we are working. I've got hundreds of encounters and footage. I stories that would make some throw up.
I was a tow truck driver for many years. Its why Im messed in the head :) We had no compo. No debriefing. No anything.
Since January. I've almost crushed 5 cars where they have gone around behind me while trying to back into a drive. 3 have actually gone over the job.
The in Vehicle can is a must. Save disputes and Money. my cam $350.00 that's with the box so when you turn ignition off. You preset to stay on up too 6 hours. It also comes on if there is impact while parked. And a sensor in the program to turn on with movement.
One thing tho. Police will only act on footage if you are willing to go to court. I'm sure some would look at it and keep an eye out for stupido.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arghh I hate bad drivers.

On Sunday, I was driving over the Anzac bridge, and I was in a lane where you have to merge into a flow of traffic. No biggie, merging is fine. The speed limit was 60, but the car in front of me was so bad at merging and so slow that I was in 1st gear! I was crawling along behind this stupid car trying to merge while the stream of traffic behind us was honking it. It was scary, because I didn't want to be rear-ended!

Just today, I was crossing over a street. Most people turn right, but I was going straight ahead. It was very busy and there were people coming from either direction constantly - there was no chance to get across the 2 lanes. The car behind me kept on honking and honking! What did they expect me to do? Kill myself so they can get to their destination 30 seconds earlier?

And for the speed limits for L/P platers - I understand why they have these rules in place, but I really wish we could go the same speed as everyone else. Especially on 1 lane highways. Getting stuck behind an L plater is really annoying haha. And I can only go 10km more than them, I imagine how annoying it would be for a full licensed person lol :p

I drive one of those damned trucks people hate and do about 600ks a day, totally agree there are a lot of cowboys out there who tailgate and cut people off etc. I work for a company that is really tough on us with regards to speeding, weight limits and the hours that we work. We can lose our jobs with to many speeding offences and the company never pressure us to go faster.

As you can imagine I see some real sites on the roads. The one real peeve that I have is when a car is travelling under 100ks and as soon as I pull out to pass and get beside then they speed up (can't be passed by a truck). Makes the truckie look like a pain in the **** and holding up all the traffic.

I generally hate both Camry and Commodore drivers.

I've found Camry drivers tend to be just plain dopey, and Commodore drivers are extremely arrogant and pushy (tail-gating and then overtaking closely, and just generally driving dangerously).

If you do a search for 'camry drivers', there are many hits of people expressing the same sentiment.

Edit: I forgot soccer mums who drive unnecessarily large 4WDs.. Constantly pulling up next to you at T-intersections and creeping out so you can't see oncoming traffic, and unable to park their gas guzzling vehicle in car parks.

And on a slightly unrelated note, people with My Stick Figure Family (or whatever) bumper stickers. I could care less about your ability to breed, how many dogs/cats you have or how everyone in your family is so bland & generic that there's a bumper sticker of a *stick figure* resembling them.

Maybe it's all just a Newcastle thing..

Last edited:
It just seemed a little crazy to me that they are not allowed to keep with the flow of traffic.

I agree, Moose. I got my L's in NSW and remember being scared stiff by the people tailgating me. It's also freaking dangerous on the freeways when you're doing 30 K's below the limit. Yes, L platers might not have the experience to handle 110 at first, but you'd hope the supervisor wouldn't put them on a freeway first thing.

Check intersections before crossing them - even if you're crossing through a traffic light controlled intersection! Just a glance either way could save your life, or even the dumb-smuck who has run it.

I ride a scooter and this is something we were taught to do during the learner's course. It's saved my skin at least a couple of times and is an excellent habit for all road users to get into.

In my perfect world, all drivers would do a motorcycle course before they could get a full licence. The consequences of carelessness and stupidity on the road are all the more sharply in focus when you're on a motorbike or scooter. A taste of this might persuade some to be more careful.

Last edited:
Edit: I forgot soccer mums who drive unnecessarily large 4WDs.. Constantly pulling up next to you at T-intersections and creeping out so you can't see oncoming traffic, and unable to park their gas guzzling vehicle in car parks.
i completely agree , i hate that jeep add where the girl comes home and says to her partner "i bought a jeep" its just encouraging women who don't go anywhere near the bush to get a 4wd its stupid especially city drivers who would rarely even encounter a pothole in the road why do you need a big 4wd its just unnecessary and the excuse that they feel safer , there are plenty of "safe" small cars out there

i completely agree , i hate that jeep add where the girl comes home and says to her partner "i bought a jeep" its just encouraging women who don't go anywhere near the bush to get a 4wd its stupid especially city drivers who would rarely even encounter a pothole in the road why do you need a big 4wd its just unnecessary and the excuse that they feel safer , there are plenty of "safe" small cars out there
Heh heh heh bush driving is where I am in my element :) city driving is where I can be a worry :shock: although now I am about to leave the city and head back to the bush(somewhat) I am getting the hang of this city driving thang :p I am a commodore driver but am the least arrogant person you'll meet SYNeR thats like saying all Pete's are shifty or all Debbies are Biatch's :p I am a toyota driver in the bush though lol I find roundabouts are like doing mexican standoff's rofl.... the hesitaters(what I call them)are the bane of my good mood lol I think defensive driving courses should be mandatory

Heh heh heh bush driving is where I am in my element :) city driving is where I can be a worry :shock: although now I am about to leave the city and head back to the bush(somewhat) I am getting the hang of this city driving thang :p I am a commodore driver but am the least arrogant person you'll meet SYNeR thats like saying all Pete's are shifty or all Debbies are Biatch's :p I am a toyota driver in the bush though lol I find roundabouts are like doing mexican standoff's rofl.... the hesitaters(what I call them)are the bane of my good mood lol I think defensive driving courses should be mandatory
I have no problem with women having a 4wd if they live in or near the bush and actually need a 4wd but i bought my toyota 4runner of a older women who was a school teacher. She said she had never actually used the 4wd function in the car and couldn't ever recall even taking it on a dirt road she just liked it the room in the back. Those are the sort of people that im talking about just go and buy a wagon just as much room in the back. On another note it was a score for me getting the car it was in very good condition still having never gone bush ,well it was once, upon a time then it got sold to a p plater hahaha

Yep I find that I have days when I just seem to attract them. Bonus is that I own an old rusty 4x4 hilux with a bullbar,towbar and steel tray so I'm not too worried about my car, but I would definalty be worried about yours if you hit me.
My pet hate is tailgaters, there is absolutly no need for it and you are putting yourself and more importantly my family in danger by doing it. My solution is to slow down to a speed that if I had to make an emergency stop you could stop too without crashing into me. The old saying ' the closer you get the slower I go' bonus is it makes people cranky impaitent people even more cranky :twisted:

I want to make up a new sticker for Rose saying "I know my *** is cute but you don't have to SIT on it!"

Yeah Thomasssss, it was all planned in stages. I was there for about 40% of the south side. Can't believe how long it has all taken!

Yes I'm on the road everyday and it's true. It' safer on a job site. I drive a concrete truck and still some jobs are on the side of the road. I will park on the wrong side of the road so we are protected by the front of the truck. No fun if they hit us where we are working. I've got hundreds of encounters and footage. I stories that would make some throw up.
I was a tow truck driver for many years. Its why Im messed in the head :) We had no compo. No debriefing. No anything.
Since January. I've almost crushed 5 cars where they have gone around behind me while trying to back into a drive. 3 have actually gone over the job.
The in Vehicle can is a must. Save disputes and Money. my cam $350.00 that's with the box so when you turn ignition off. You preset to stay on up too 6 hours. It also comes on if there is impact while parked. And a sensor in the program to turn on with movement.
One thing tho. Police will only act on footage if you are willing to go to court. I'm sure some would look at it and keep an eye out for stupido.

Which brand camera is it again?

Last edited:
In my perfect world, all drivers would do a motorcycle course before they could get a full licence. The consequences of carelessness and stupidity on the road are all the more sharply in focus when you're on a motorbike or scooter. A taste of this might persuade some to be more careful.

Many bike riders have said that they now pay more attention when in the car, being in the car feels like being detached from the road, it makes you feel safer than you actually are which is probably why people get so complacent in cars. There are too many distractions in modern cars, it's just a mini lounge room and too many people don't pay enough attention to the road simply because of that.

I'm part of a motorcycle forum, and plenty of people on there have said that they have friends who tell them that there are suddenly heaps of bikes on the road. There aren't, it's just that the person is more aware of them and is purposely looking for them now that they have a friend who rides. Sometimes a car driver will look you right in the eye before pulling out in front of you and still say they didn't see you. Either they're lying to get themselves out of trouble or they looked but didn't see. I've noticed there's a big difference between looking and seeing!

Many people complain about bike riders who filter to the front at the lights when the traffic has stopped, but many don't realise why they do it, people think they're just trying to get where they're going faster, but it's actually to prevent getting rear ended which as I'm sure you know can be fatal. Here's a guy it happened to that was lucky:

Motorcycle Crash - YouTube

I personally don't filter, I've only been riding for about a month and half, but when I stop I have the bike in gear, clutch near the friction point, and I pay close attention to the mirrors so that hopefully if someone comes up too fast and doesn't look like they'll stop I'll be able to get out of the way.

Here's a stupid little video I did using a basic video maker. I made it for humorous purposes, but there are some things in there that drivers should think about.

Filtering | Xtranormal

I have to admit I am an extremely aggressive driver:-(
I have found female drivers the worse, yes I know I am bagging my own sex.
Female drivers often drive in the right lane despite other lanes being clear, don't use indicators and often drive at erratic speeds...eg very fast or very slow.
My pet hate and I experienced it three times this morning - is vehicles sitting in the right (fast) lane and doing under the speed limit. And they still don't get it even when there is line up of 40 vehicles, and then can't understand why they have a line of traffic giving them the finger as they pass in the inside lanes.
I drive a 16yr old car, so have no care if my car gets hit, or i hit someone, so I will tail gate the hell out if someone if they are trying to get out of the lane.
Ohhh road rage is not good but I can't stop it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back