Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate freighting.. I have brought a few herps that have been freighted.. and everytime I have had some one pick them up for me without ID
I have had Boxes of tropical fish get lost for 4-5 days in the past and all where still alive so I am sure a python will be after a few days.
Hope it all works out

This is digusting. My woma was also stuck at the airport, but it wasn't AAE's fault as the seller had messed up my mobile number on the package (and had put someone's number in the sellers field that had no idea about it). Luckily she was only stuck there for 24hrs as I was aware that the seller had been intending on freighting soon. Can't imagine how you would feel after this long...

Best of luck for a quick resolution...and for someone at AAE to get their heads checked.

HE HAS BEEN FOUND!!

Not in good condition I'm sure but hopefully he is still well enough to make a recovery. He has been sitting at the Virgin terminal since he reached Sydney on the 26th - inside at least I guess :?. I will find out at 4:45 this afternoon. Once agin, fingers crossed... Hold on just a bit longer little guy :|

HE HAS BEEN FOUND!!

Not in good condition I'm sure but hopefully he is still well enough to make a recovery. He has been sitting at the Virgin terminal since he reached Sydney on the 26th - inside at least I guess :?. I will find out at 4:45 this afternoon. Once agin, fingers crossed... Hold on just a bit longer little guy :|
I would rush him to a reptile vet nearest to you ASAP. And I'd be sending them the bill as well as money for compensation for apl your efforts you put into numerous phone calls as well as running round to the terminal petrol costs money. Also after you get it put in a formal complaint with the bills and say you want a feed back. If not you will take further actions in court.

Glad to hear he has been found.
Keep us updated! I am very happy to hear this. I bet you can't wait to get him home to a warm encolsure.

YA!!!!! im so glad hes been found! Now fingers x-d hes all ok! Please let us know how it all turns out! I keep refreshing this page every 20min or so!!! I was so worried for him and you!!

This is a good example of why so many breeders are reluctant to freight animals nowadays.

He has been sitting at the Virgin terminal since he reached Sydney on the 26th...
Why was the snake left at the Virgin terminal?

At least it's been found and without your persistence in following this up, it may well have been too late.

I'm so pleased to hear the little guy has been found hopefully soon he will be home to recover from his ordeal.

Please keep us all posted for when he finally makes it home to his nice warm and cosy enclosure.

Glad you found it but honestly I doubt sitting there for a week would have done him/her any harm. I highly doubt he's actually in any way harmed at all.

I'm waiting to hear back from another company and see if I can get deals for us and make sure our reptiles are looked after.
Please your snake turned up.

I trust he will still be fine as he would have been properly packaged by the breeder. None the less I would follow up a formal complaint with some compensation for the distress, caused to you and the snake, and lack of professionalism on their part and that if they do not give a satsfactory explanation of how this occured you will follow it up with the Dept of Fair Trading as that is more believable than threatening them with court action.

I have nothing nice to say I'm am outraged at this kinda makes me a little sick if I was you jump back on the blower and ask for a refund of shipping and compensation. It's mind boggling how a company can loose a animal. They should be ashamed of themselves! I hope he's all good!

Cheers Brenton

Happy he has been found
please let us all know when he is safe and sound at home

so that's almost 3 full days sitting at jetstar, that is downright disgusting and needs to be explained you have grounds.
fine or not a living animal sitting in packaged conditions for 3 days or more is just not right.

I will never use AAE for anything have had issues with them myself thankfully never an animal, if I can't drive to pick something up (even a road trip if necessary) I won't be getting it. AAE need to seriously sort out their ####

Thanks everyone!

Have picked him up and he does look good considering!
You guys are right about him probably being just fine but not knowing where your animal is, what has happened to it, and if it will actually be found is rather stressful! Lol.

No idea what he was doing at the vigin terminal, AAE are telling me it was REXs stuff up. None the less I feel like they should have to account for these things at each stop and when I rang the first time alarm bells should have went off then. Especially for a live animal. I agree with you Browny and I will still be putting in a complaint. I am aware that mistakes happened but they need to be rectified as soon as they are noticed. All I was getting was 'wait and see if he is on the next flight'. Id be waiting forever if I'd kept listening!

Still cant believe this happened to you, but I'm soooo glad you now have your snake. Hope he's able to settle in alright with everything that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back