snake hook

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make one :)

Out of an old golf stick...cut the end off and bend up a piece of steel rod, glue it or weld it in the end of the golf stick.

I'm a girl and even I can make 'em

Cheers
Sandee :)

ebay has a few under $10 with free shipping

You know the paint rollers (you can get them from bunning really cheap), they have many different sizes and work very well as hooks

Head down to the tip and grab yourself an old golfclub (I like the older ones with a nice leather handle)
Then make a trip to Bunnings and buy a small pack of araldite and some round mild steel bar that will fit into the end of the golf club once the end is cut off.
Find somewhere around the house to assist you in bending the bar into the shape you want.(A vice is really handy) Leave a good 20cm of straight bar above the hook bends to go into the club ensuring a strong join.
Chop the end off the golf club with an angle grinder or hack saw. You can cut the club to any length you want, a long one for elapids or a short one for lifting pythons out of an enclosure. (Just remember to match the thickness of the steel you buy to fit as snug as possible into the club)
Stick a good amount of mixed araldite into the opening, stick your hook end in, wrap a piece of tape around the join between the hook and club to stop the araldite running out. Lay on it's side for 15 minutes, then roll the club onto the other side to allow the araldite spread right around the join. Leave it for 24-48 hours and hey presto, you have a snake hook.
The araldite holds extremely well, I've had many for years still going strong after lots of tin flipping and sitting in the back of a hot car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back