Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I bought a problem feeder Jag a little while ago. I tried every trick I knew to get it feeding, but with no success.
So I decided to try "Reptile Wombaroo".

You mix it 50/50 with warm water, fill a syringe with a small amount of it and orally inject. Wait 2 days and this happens.
a12077c6.jpg

7e024524.jpg

fdc1d3d6.jpg

This Jag had 2 pinkie mice.

This is amazing stuff! :)

Yeah i agree its awesome stuff cheap too i used it to get my hatchy started
by the way awesome jag

thats really interesting how does it work on the reptile like how does it help their feeding instinct

would love to see a youtube clip on this to explain better as this sounds like a great solution

Hmm but surely this is like any high energy food? Eg hills a/d which can be fed the same way, eg syringe or tube fed. If I am missing something I am happy to be corrected, because if it was that easy to "switch" a non feeder on that would be great.

I imagin it's a vitamin d based mixture to get there metabolism running

Interesting.... so how many people have used it and what was the success of getting a non-feeding hatchling to feed after first/second/third dosing via pinky pump ? I would be interested too see how effective it is over a broad spectrum - compared to assist feeding mice/rat tails ??
Input would be appreciated if you have tried this other than 'normal' ways of getting problem feeders to start off.

Cheers
Congo

thats really interesting how does it work on the reptile like how does it help their feeding instinct

I'm not sure how it dose it. My dad put me onto it. He was one of the founders of WIRES and they discovered Wombaroo worked grate to get snakes eating, it just seemed to get their appetite going.

Here's the ingredients for Wombaroo, one of these ingredients must get their appatite going.

Whey protein, soy protein, meat meal, fish meal, blood meal, cereal bran, lysine, methionine, vegetable oils, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, D3, E, K, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid, biotin, folic acid, choline, inositol, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium.

Its not one of the ingredients per se but rather that they get some decent nutrition which kickstarts their metabolism. The same can be done with Hills science diet A/D mixed as a slurry and syringed into non-feeders.

Its not one of the ingredients per se but rather that they get some decent nutrition which kickstarts their metabolism. The same can be done with Hills science diet A/D mixed as a slurry and syringed into non-feeders.

I had to use Hills science diet A/D on my lace monitor with MBD, it worked grate for her. I've never used it on a snake, so I can't comment their. But it might be worth a try.

Gave a troublesome RBBS a dose of this mixed with Hill A/D on the weekend, took it's first pinkie today. I'm happy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back