Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonjase

Reaction score
hi everyone,
a friend of mine recomended this site , she has a childrens python, i thought i would join and see what i could learn , i dont own any reptiles but am interested in them, the only snakes iv seen have been the brown snakes we had running everywere on the dairy farm i grew up on, lol , so yeah hope to learn a bit, and would like to get a snake in the future, maybe a pygmy python if its possible to oneday buy them ? iv heard about them from a friend , or maybe a childrens python ?

regards jase

Hi and welcome....you've come to the right place for friendly people and lots of advice. :D The people here have lots of experience with lots of different species of reps, not just snakes. Personally I have a 4 yr old (his birthday was yesterday :D) Barrie is a stimson, very similar to a Childrens. If you're in WA we're restricted in what snakes we can keep. Ask what questions you like, remember there's no such thing as a dumb question. We were all new to this hobby at one time.

Cheers, Annie :D

hi annie,
thanks for the kind welcome, im in nsw , yeah i will need to check out the licence for my state ,

You'll find you can have quite a lot more pythons in NSW than we can here. WA has the strictest licensing laws in the country. I'd love to have a pygmy python coz they're so little, but we're not allowed to have them here. :(

Hi and welcome to the site. Childrens, Stimson and Spotteds are all lovely natured snakes for beginning with. (This is a generalization, as each snake has his own personality, well......snakeonality!!). I know a little how you feel as I come from the country too where "the only good snake is a dead snake" still seems to be the order of the day!

You'll get used to pythons very, very quickly and probably end up with snake addiction like the rest of us. It reminds me of owning horses......"I'm only getting one...." Yeah, right.

Enjoy the site.
Morgana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back