The enclosure im making.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chain from the roof, . Use small links so the snake can get its head caught, or strong wire. Most screw through the enclosure into the branch, some use "v" shaped brackets on the wall and use the weight of the branch to hold it there, that way if your snake coils around the branch you can just lift the branch and snake out in one go.....

Well it has given me something to think about, thanks guys. I also saw A guy got little chips of wood and placed them into a little 'U' shape and the U would just sit the branch in the gap. Might give that ago as I have heaps of little bits of wood lying around, if it fails I can always do what you guys recommended.

The Finished Product! It is finally done.

Attachments

• DSCF2056.jpg
    DSCF2056.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF2057.jpg
    DSCF2057.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF2060.jpg
    DSCF2060.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 108
ur welcome i love those temple things theyre awesome

I'm confused! Weren't you doing a rock wall in there or am I going blind in my old age.?

Yea there was Jax, I just decided to leave it this time, i can still put it in, just have to paint and seal. I havnt got round to doing it :p

Looks very good

The trouble with using leaf litter and real leaves as substrate, is you dont know what you bring in with it. Bugs, parasites, mould, sap etc. It can up the humidity while it is still moist and falls all over the floor as it deteriorates. I personally prefer artificial stuff for all round stability of the enclosures environment. Just imo ;)

...I just bought screen-in ceramic battens on eBay for $10 each (plus $5 for delivery). Then an infrared bulb is approx. $12 from pet barn.
I use it all day an night as my only heat source.

I also added an 18W fluoro batten with tube incl. for inspection/display purposes only that costs $30 from Bunnings. (+$40 for a qualified electrician to wire it up) or you can buy a 12W already wired and ready to mount w/ tube incl. for the same price, also at Bunnings!

Looks very good

The trouble with using leaf litter and real leaves as substrate, is you dont know what you bring in with it. Bugs, parasites, mould, sap etc. It can up the humidity while it is still moist and falls all over the floor as it deteriorates. I personally prefer artificial stuff for all round stability of the enclosures environment. Just imo ;)

The best natural stuff is Kriters Crumbles - $6 for huge bag.

Hey guys :) I have a little update on my enclosure :)

View attachment 242378 As you can see I have the divider fitted in and I have just started on my background :) I have chosen AstroTurf for a substrate, for now.
View attachment 242379 Will have a few more pics soon :)

Sam.

Why are the vents up side down? (or is it the photo?)

the finished product! It is finally done.

top job!

Last edited:
The vents are not upside down, the vents face down on the outside so the inside looks as if they are upside down, I was confused at first. I havnt found any kritters crumble so I have some artificial grass down atm. I need a good substrate :p I have another enclosure in the building block atm so I will have a piccy up when it is done. If I was going to grab the leaf litter off the ground I would bake it in the oven at 5000000* for 1/2 hour or something. Give it a mist and make it a little moist when it goes in there :)

When I was at twp, we put fresh leaf litter and live plants in all the display cages every couple of days, so it can't be that bad.. Just pick up the leaf litter that is in sun most of the day.. Spread it out on a sheet of black plastic, and leave in full sun for a while...

Don't ruin your mums oven, haha!

Cool cage, wish I could build something like that! I tried once and gave up pretty quickly!

leaf litter in an oven hmmmm probably best to stick with direct sunlight, things could get a little smokey in the oven

I didnt think of it smoking haha. Might stick to the tarp and some direct sun light. I wanna get some good quality dirt, sow some grass seeds in there, grow them under quarentine conditions and put the real grass in there. Might look into it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back