Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so mad for you and your snake, I've had a snake and 2 birds flown via AAE with no drama. I was asked to provide the consignment note number and exactly what it was i was collecting before they went to get it, they then asked for ID and checked the label on the boxes before handing it to me to check before I signed for it .... That was 12 mths ago, and in Adelaide, I don't know what the other states are like. Maybe I got the last of the 'old' AAE

Glad he turned up, I'm sure he is in better shape than you are

Last edited:
Thanks Starr9, thats really nice of you :)

I have spoke to lismore airport and without prompting they told me that a python was sent on the 26th at 5pm to Sydney. I asked her if it was definately sent and she said it most certainly was - but once again who knows.

I have just got off the phone to the AAE call centre for the hundredth time (after almost an hour) and it has been referred to a team leader who is apparently going to follow it up and get back to me. I am trying to be patient but I will be calling them again in an hour or so to hurry them along if I don't hear back before.

I am starting to hold grave fears for my poor little snake, 2 days (lost) in transit is much, much too long, with no end in sight just yet...

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate all of the support and advice. I'd feel really alone in this otherwise!

Yeah it's bad enough to misplace a parcel but a live creature is a totally different story,these people suck

Yeah it's bad enough to misplace a parcel but a live creature is a totally different story,these people suck
Yep, that's it!!

They didn't even look at my ID or sign anything when I picked him up but I think they definitely knew who I was by then! When i picked our cats up though I didn't have to have ID but I did sign. There was a moment this morning when I was particularly worried about this. Quite frankly, I could walk in there, check what animals were sitting on the bench (they are there for the world to see) and as long as the person picking it up was late I could easily claim it was mine. They wouldn't know until the real owner walked in! But that's the Rex staff who take care of that at bathust.

Glad you found it but honestly I doubt sitting there for a week would have done him/her any harm. I highly doubt he's actually in any way harmed at all.

i agree, the snake should be fine.
HOWEVER i say take the snake to the vet for a checkup anyway just to make them pay. squezze every last drop you can out of them and make them wish they payed more attention.

Best of luck!

Yep, that's it!!

They didn't even look at my ID or sign anything when I picked him up but I think they definitely knew who I was by then! When i picked our cats up though I didn't have to have ID but I did sign. There was a moment this morning when I was particularly worried about this. Quite frankly, I could walk in there, check what animals were sitting on the bench (they are there for the world to see) and as long as the person picking it up was late I could easily claim it was mine. They wouldn't know until the real owner walked in! But that's the Rex staff who take care of that at bathust.

I would mention that in your formal complaint.

It sounds like REX nor AAE want to take ownership of the issue but IT is an AAE and should be the ones who should have followed this up in the first place. Register a complaint and request for compensation. I wonder if the RSPCA would be interested in this due to AAE's neglect to look after a live animal while in their care being exposed to the elements?

here's a lesson for every one,take a couple of days off work and drive to the breeders house or arrange to meet halfway.I drive for one of the biggest transport companies in Oz and I wouldn't trust anyone to move my creatures.There are too many opportunities for your snake to get damaged or lost so get off your **** and do it your self.

It sounds like REX nor AAE want to take ownership of the issue but IT is an AAE and should be the ones who should have followed this up in the first place. Register a complaint and request for compensation. I wonder if the RSPCA would be interested in this due to AAE's neglect to look after a live animal while in their care being exposed to the elements?

"snort" that would mean the RSPCA may have to do some work....

To the op I am very glad you finally have the little one:) and along with everyone else hope you place a complaint, it would appear you have taken a note of times and people spoken to, which goes a long way in a complaint.
I am picking up from the AAE tomorrow and dropping off in a few weeks time, and if I went through what you did, I doubt I would of been so composed.
Let's us know the outcome of the complaint, they def need to pick their game up, current affair would be all over it, if it was fluffy.....

AAE's neglect to look after a live animal while in their care being exposed to the elements?

Was it? All Zaphyrr said was that it was at the Virgin terminal. My question is why the staff at Virgin just ignored it instead of getting it back to AAE or if Zaphyrr's contact details were on the box, why they didn't get in touch.

As for taking the snake to the vet just so AAE pay the bill, who says they will? I would be keeping the snake in a nice cosy home and looking for any signs of an RI over the next week or so. A vet wouldn't be able to pick it up this soon and that is probably the greatest risk the snake faced without any sort of temp control.

After all this I am experiencing something similar. My snakes never showed up! they said next flight now in here waiting after being stuffed around since 1015 but in saying that I did blow up at the guy and he did look like he was about to cry I kinda feel bad for him now. glad your snakey is with you now you need to call him something to do with his ordeal. And post pics :)

Cheers Brenton

Definately will be making complaint. I've also wondered why he wasnt noticed sitting at the virgin terminal.... Surely someone must have ssen him sitting there?

"snort" that would mean the RSPCA may have to do some work....

To the op I am very glad you finally have the little one:) and along with everyone else hope you place a complaint, it would appear you have taken a note of times and people spoken to, which goes a long way in a complaint.
I am picking up from the AAE tomorrow and dropping off in a few weeks time, and if I went through what you did, I doubt I would of been so composed.
Let's us know the outcome of the complaint, they def need to pick their game up, current affair would be all over it, if it was fluffy.....
Spot on - if only he was fluffy... I can't see a puppy going missing like that.

I have held off taking him to the vet as my thoughts were the same as yours Gruni. At the moment he looks both bright and alert but I will be keeping a very close eye on him just in case.

Oh no, Brenton! If they don't show up next flight call everyone you can think of - harrass the hell out of them! I know what you're saying about feeling bad though, I feel a little bad for going off at all of the innocent people over the last couple of days but it does make them do something. I really hope they turn up for you soon or already have. Keep us updated!

I will post pics once he has settled in a bit more :)

Cool my guy showed up 3 hours late :)

Cheers Brenton

AAE true to form, here I am sitting at the airport go in to pick up snake from flight, sender had done this a million times and always has everything clearly labelled. No not on that flight, however there is one listed on another flight an hour later, is it mine I ask, get shrug of shoulders

Well I had a nice long reasonably controlled talk with an AAE worker and a supervisor. They have put the blame on Sydney layovers. They also admitted cats & dogs do get missed, but they have a company come in and give them a comfort break.
They said basically once they are lodged with aae, it's the quantas workers that are then responsible.
Can anyone say blame shifting!
Her solution - use fluro tape/markers, make it as visible as possible.
Give buyer con note number, flight number and booking number, easier to track and easier to lodge a complaint.
I should ad this conversation was at the Brisbane AAE and generally there are no problems with flights that are direct. The problems arise when there is a layover.......

Last edited:
here's a lesson for every one,take a couple of days off work and drive to the breeders house or arrange to meet halfway.I drive for one of the biggest transport companies in Oz and I wouldn't trust anyone to move my creatures.There are too many opportunities for your snake to get damaged or lost so get off your **** and do it your self.

Same here, used to drive for the company that AAE are merging with and I would be very cautious. Has anybody tried Dogtainers? They advertise that they carry reptiles and can deliver to your door.

As someone who actually develops complex logistics software, it's not that freaking hard to get freighting or general logistics right..

Glad to hear you got your snake.

I am sorry dragonlover1 - but that idea is just not possible for alot of us - due to where we live
We live in Central QLD - so we are about 9 hours away from Brisbane - and of course even further from Sydney and Melbourne....
We rely on AAE for all of our snakes ( coming and going ) and so far we have had no problems....( have been using them for the last 5 years or so...)
We cannot just take time off work to take the 'drive' to pick up animals.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back