Look who I found!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camcamcam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was walking from my car earlier, and spotted this little fella, he's a cute little bluey (I hope he's a bluey), I went to pick him up, he was actually alright to handle, but I looked at his belly, and I don't know much about blue tongue's, but have a look at the picture, I fed him a few mealies (hope that's okay), and want to keep him in the container he is currently in, until I get some feedback on whether or not he looks sick, I would hate to return him if he was :(

Inb4 anyone cries about me 'keeping' him, Im just going to make sure everything is okay from peoples perspective here, and if people don't think he is in good condition, I will take him to a reptile/wildlife carer.

So what ya'll think?
photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

Here is a direct link to a better view:

http://iforce.co.nz/i/nri2kehv.pst.jpg
http://iforce.co.nz/i/bs5brwmd.1k4.jpg

Thanks everyonee :)

Close it's a pink tongue skink. (Cyclodomorphus gerrardii)

What do you mean by it's stomach? looks normal to me..
[h=1][/h]

Last edited:
Nah it's blue for sure, when he went to like kinda bite me, I saw the whole mouth, was blue for sure lol.

I mean, by his stomach, it's really red, I have never really seen/held blueys before, so I don't know if it's normal.
But thanks!

Dude pink tongues are snail eaters thats pretty much their whole diet, check out references on their husbandry doing a google search or try a book like Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards edited by Mike Swan. Btw I wouldn't try telling people on here that pink tongue (C. gerradii) in the photo is a blue tongue, you won't come off better for it.

Last edited:
They will also accept slugs, tinned cat food and raw meats, but this is neither here nor there, since there is no reason for it to be in captivity :)

Alright sweet :D
Im glad he's okay, I took him to a nice little area close to my house and let him go.
I would be so happy if I saw him again in the near future, but alot bigger lol.

Thanks for all your help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back