Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid 13k for my Albino Darwin pair...... lol...... I thought I had a bargain at the time I wanted them soooooooooooooooooooo bad....... I still love them..... worth every cent.

Same here Joe, quite a few seasons ago and they were worth every cent. Plus they have paid for themselves anyway. The 1st boodarie F1 captive breed woma's were $1800ea and a bargin at the time. Yes prices have dropped which isn't a bad thing but if your into the herps for the love, any money made from breeding is a bonus.

How did i pay for the collection i have today? By starting with the children's and carpets. The lessons learned and monies from those species offspring funded animals i found desireable or better caging etc. At the end of the day you will pay for what you want, especially for quality animals, bargins or not.

The amount you pay doesn't always mean better quality. The price you pay may be to do if its a hatchie or juvi or adult. The price you pay may also depend on the breed. I you have your heart set on a particular breed then get it from a reputable breeder.
The price you pay is up to you in the end. If its something that is outside of your budget you may have to save up for it and should be worth while in the end. Then you won't settle for 2nd best.
Breeders from time to time may have excess animals that they need to make way for new seasons breeding and offer cheaper bargins. This may not be the case of selling lesser quality of animals and thats where people can pick up some great bargins.

But in the end its research research research to find what breeders have they type of animal your after and their prices and shipping costs.

WoW I find it interesting how ppl now think that $200 is to much to pay. These areprobably the same ppl who say there is no $$ in reptiles, but yet every season breeders with quality animals sell out at their asking. I have not had to do a reptile show or hardly advertise for a few seasons now as most hatches are spoken for before they are ready to go.

My cheapest snake i purchased was $100. I actually offered them more as I felt like I was ripping them off but they declined :shock:
My most expensive purchase was 15k. What animals they were is irrelavent. It was what I was prepared to pay and am still satisfied with the purchases.

Also inland tais should be worth more, the more people it can kill the more it should be worth.

a curious idea, reminds me of the "pay by the foot" pet shop prices for pythons...

i paid $250 for each inland i have purchased. a bargain.

as you didn't pay for your snakes mr. wright, how about passing on a copperhead or two at the same low price to me :)

How much would you pay for an albino water python?

I bought a 6 week old hypo bredli for $250 I believe this was a great deal because he was already sexed, already eating great, already shed. I got pick out of the six best. The breeder drove closer so I didn't have to drive as far to pick up. It was already showing amazing orange it has the most amazing temperament. You can kiss him on the head and everything and he didn't even need tameing down. And the breeder provides after sale advice and checks up on them. He is of amazing quality and the breeder genuinely cares for his animals.

I don't regret the purchase for a second :D

My first purchase was a full grown MD python with enclosure which cost around $700 all together.
Then I paid $1500 for a GTP, haven't taken it home though yet as shes not ready yet. Luckily the breeder let me pay her off a bit at a time or I would never have been able to afford one! :D He's also helped me out heaps by supplying a click-clack and with my worries and questions.

Then last Sunday I bought a Children's Python Ghost Hatchy for $150 which came with a tub, waterbowl, just add heat.
(I have no idea what ghost means, I think she will be patternless when she grows up?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back