new camera lens pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timmy82

Reaction score
well my new lens turned up today and now i am just waiting for my macro flash unit to turn and the i am set
so far i am very happy with it here are some pics i have taken so far. they still need some work thou it will take time

enjoy

crumb of my anzac cookie
cricket048.jpg

cricket050.jpg

cricket049.jpg

side of a twenty cent coin
cricket052.jpg

scorp028.jpg

scorp014.jpg

some insects
cricket032.jpg

cricket037.jpg

cricket036.jpg

cricket007.jpg

cricket005.jpg

cricket006.jpg

i am using at the moment a 1100d canon till i get my replacement camera back after it was stolen
and my new lens is the mp-e65mm macro lens

nice pics mate just wondering if someone would be able to clear something up for me about the way to tell quality by the number part in the models (in the ops case the 1100d part) does it go that the higher numbers give better quality images or the other way around and the lower ones have better quality just curious is all because ive got a canon EOS 50d and just don't know much about them is all cheers thomas

What insect is the second too last photo? Odd looking thing haha

Nice photos too, the 20 cent one is oddly fascinating

I dream about getting a macro lens. Maybe one day. I really like the Anzac crumb picture. Have fun!

Fascinating stuff, im a sucker for macro shots.

Just wondering if dof could have been applied less for shots like 20c side? So that way you see all of the detail in the coin instead of just the centre?

Yeah the dof is quite intense, awesome shots though:)

Don't you mean there is very little depth of field! That's a big problem with macro work. That's why you really need extra flashes so you can pump heaps of extra light onto the subject and hence increase the f stop to get maximum depth of field.

What is the second last photo of? The ones each side seem to be mantids but I'm stuck on that one!

Don't you mean there is very little depth of field! That's a big problem with macro work. That's why you really need extra flashes so you can pump heaps of extra light onto the subject and hence increase the f stop to get maximum depth of field.

What is the second last photo of? The ones each side seem to be mantids but I'm stuck on that one!

Totally agree, I haven't got a ring flash yet either, but you can always decrease your shutter speed you account for lack of light when using small appetures.
I don't think the 20c piece is going anywhere, open the shutter for 30 seconds if you want. A bit harder with animals, but adders are good to practice on as long as your not too close.
I hve a 100mm macro that suits perfectly for this.

I picked up a tamron 70-300 (macro from 200-300) which is great because I dont have to be on top of the subject to shoot it.

DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0085.jpg

wow those are some insane pics i love how you can see the bugs eyes

here a couple more pics and i have been playing round with the settings a bit more and to give you guys an idea of the size of the insects the cricket is 1cm long and the fly is 5mm in length
cricketbnumber2018.jpg

cricketbnumber2015.jpg

thefly011.jpg

thefly014.jpg

thefly016.jpg

have you got an off camera hot shoe mount? i used one of them with a standard nikon flash for macro work instead of ring flash etc. works well.

Nice. The mpe-65 is one the most fun lenses i have ever used, very challenging to use and get exactly right though. Can't wait to see some shots once you get the hang of it.

i have to post this because its the best pic i have taken so far its of a light coil which is about 4mm in length, in my desk lamp
i used the follow settings
f16, ISO100 1/3200 and its at almost x5 macro is i hope you guys like it
lightfliament011.jpg

Last edited:
nice pics mate just wondering if someone would be able to clear something up for me about the way to tell quality by the number part in the models (in the ops case the 1100d part) does it go that the higher numbers give better quality images or the other way around and the lower ones have better quality just curious is all because ive got a canon EOS 50d and just don't know much about them is all cheers thomas

With Canon, the smaller the number the better the camera. For example, I have a 1DSmk3, a 5Dmk2 and a 7d. The 1 is "better" then the 5 and 7. Then you get the 50's and 60's, 550's etc. In saying that though, they are made for different reasons, so when you get to the single digits, the best camera of choice depends on the subject at hand. Nikon is the other way around.

I used to have an MPE65mm, they are great with a marco rail and macro flash set up. Only thing with the ring flashes is they are a fixed unit. I have a two headed macro so I can change the direction they are shooting from respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Canon, the smaller the number the better the camera. For example, I have a 1DSmk3, a 5Dmk2 and a 7d. The 1 is "better" then the 5 and 7. Then you get the 50's and 60's, 550's etc. In saying that though, they are made for different reasons, so when you get to the single digits, the best camera of choice depends on the subject at hand. Nikon is the other way around.

I used to have an MPE65mm, they are great with a marco rail and macro flash set up. Only thing with the ring flashes is they are a fixed unit. I have a two headed macro so I can change the direction they are shooting from respectively.
cheers that clears it up just wasn't sure ,nice pic of the light bulb coil

Nice. The mpe-65 is one the most fun lenses i have ever used, very challenging to use and get exactly right though. Can't wait to see some shots once you get the hang of it.

i was playing round with some water drops today are the best ones i took
waterdrops009.jpg

waterdrops003.jpg

waterdrops004.jpg

waterdrops005.jpg

waterdrops007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back