Can snakes hold there shed until thy are ready

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
I found my missing male Stimson that had escaped on the 7 March. I purchased him at the Castle Hill show. Anyway he hadn't of shed or eaten from March till now. He disappeared as stated on the 7th March. He was found in the boot of my car yesterday. So I'm curious can they hold there shed because he is now Shedding and he hasn't eaten since March.

Last edited:
i don't think they can hold their shed only maybe unless extremely stressed? but they can have bad sheds or trouble shedding or temps aren't right/ humidity
lol sorry can't be much help someone will help ya out

They cant really hold there shed Its just a natural occurance In reptiles though If not eaten In a while wont shed again untill has eaten a good meal so the whole growing and shedding process will slow down

I think some conditions make it easier for them to shed better than others...as someone else has basically said. My boy sheds almost every 8 weeks to the day, but his conditions never change.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence, and he would've shed whether he was in the boot, or if he were inside the enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back