Stimsons Python NEED HELP unsure.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0303

Reaction score
Hi all,
So today i woke up to find my stimsons roaming around like mad and had a tiny bit of shed coming of. this is hi first shed since i've owned him. anyway i got back from work today and its now been a good 9-10 hours since i noticed te shed starting and its hardly moved. maybe like 2 cm from her head.

whats going on, is this normal

any tips

is there anything in the enclosure that the snake can sort of rub against to begin the shed process? Like a log or rock?

Is there enough water in his bowl to keep the viv humid ? What are his temps like, they should be up around the 30c mark, and as hurcorh said, he needs a rock or something a bit rough so he can rub against. Spray him with fine mist water to help him shed.

There's a log and two hides - just gave her a quick bath in warm water but struggled to keep her in it...i have a normal rock style water bowl that i keep full, if i add a normal bowl of water is it not possible she might drown?

No they can swim. And it's not like they can't climb out either.

hmm Monty does the head peel and slides out in 5-10mins. I know he rubs against the rough edges of his hide to help. Do your logs and stuff have texture? or are they smooth?

How long have u had him ?? Might still be not used to his house ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back