I feel like the worst snake mummy in the world :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth your while to give the enclosures a light spray down as well to boost the humidity in there...certainly wont hurt if they are coming in to shed anyhow!

Hope everything goes well for you and the kidlets and as others have said - RELAX!

I still love you mummy.

lol

well Gorgoo did some white poo over night yay lol will be taking them 4 walks outside later...and giving them both baths too. Thanks for all the advice! :D8):facepalm:

lol no idea why i used that last little face palm icon but it looked so cute i just couldnt resist! ha ha

My smallest bredli poos 4 days after a feed every time like clockwork and my big bredli can take weeks to poo..often waits til shed and then when he sheds its like a bombsite its horrible.

I back the slither on the grass as your best bet :) dont feel bad, this happens..
:)

cwebb just wanted to say too about my stuffy the snake post that you shouldnt feel dumb lol did kinda look real and if it makes u feel n e better i felt pretty silly posing with a toy snake and taking pics of myself! lol :p

Last edited:
When I was making my enclosure I took pics of my daughter using our snake hook on a rubber snake... :lol:

The white poo (urrate) is usually a sign that they will crap in the next 24hrs, at least that is how it works wit my Mac.

P1230002.JPG P1230003.JPG

Don't feel like the worst snake mummy in the world! Everyone at some point makes a mistake like over (or even UNDER) feeding their snakes. You're doing just fine :)

well i took Monty out and about for a slide in the grass and he did a big white poo too! (or whatever its really called lol) umm yeah....guess the real stuff isnt far away :)

When I was making my enclosure I took pics of my daughter using our snake hook on a rubber snake... :lol:

The white poo (urrate) is usually a sign that they will crap in the next 24hrs, at least that is how it works wit my Mac.

View attachment 244934 View attachment 244933

Ha ha goody! im not the only nutty one heee hee.

Yea, the white stuff is uric acid (thier wee) usually referred to as 'chalk' Next will come the actual poop and then there might be a matted lump which is the pelt of the rats (fur, skin etc)

So like someone said earlier.... stand well back :lol:

Might be like that ad on tv with the baby pooing in the car and all the windows go brown.... (I like the way the windscrene wipers come on.... as if they would help) :shock:

Mrainbow you need to discover the difference between urates and feacal matter.
Not the same thing.

I feel for both of you, I thought mine was bound up but it turned out that it was just well hidden in his enclosure, which was a huge relief to me. :lol:

I have to say my Mac is a pooping timer, he urrates three days after a feed and then poops within 24hr of that.

Good luck both of you.

Chuck him out on the grass 2-3 days after feeding most of mine will do his bunisses on the grass :) the love it

Have they popped yet? :shock::D

LOL last night we were all watching tele when suddenly we smelt something...Tia ?? nope the dog was outside....bubby had a clean nappy lol i sarted asking 'who did it omg yuk' but the kids all swore it wasnt them lol and i believed them because they normally brag about ones like that n e way lol i walked over 2 Gorgoos enclosure and holy dooly he did his poo! and it REEKED!!!!!! ha ha who would have thought such a tiny snake could do such a big stinky. Montys wont b far away now lol 8)

Oh also Captainratbag Monty doesnt like big mice he prefers to have 3 small ones at a time....is that a no no? should i just give him 1 small one a week? or can i go the 3 hoppers a fortnight? he is 2 n a half - stimson. :) what do u reckon?

LOL last night we were all watching tele when suddenly we smelt something...Tia ?? nope the dog was outside....bubby had a clean nappy lol i sarted asking 'who did it omg yuk' but the kids all swore it wasnt them lol and i believed them because they normally brag about ones like that n e way lol i walked over 2 Gorgoos enclosure and holy dooly he did his poo! and it REEKED!!!!!! ha ha who would have thought such a tiny snake could do such a big stinky. Montys wont b far away now lol 8)

Oh also Captainratbag Monty doesnt like big mice he prefers to have 3 small ones at a time....is that a no no? should i just give him 1 small one a week? or can i go the 3 hoppers a fortnight? he is 2 n a half - stimson. :) what do u reckon?

Try get him on rats ....

I agree 100% with Jake. If you feed a snake mice and they get so used to them (and stubborn) it gets harder to get them to go over to rats, which you will prolly need to do as the snake gets bigger. Tell your monty that my monty says "Man up Monty... go the rats" :lol:

snakes can eat small prey but I reckon bigger is prolly easier for them to get all the way down? A friend fed a rat pinkie to his 3m bredli (his hatchie wouldnt eat it... waste not, want not) It ate it, but didnt look happy :shock: like eating 1 m&m .... just cant be done. Was ok tho, he fed the bredli a large rat to wash the pinkie down :lol:

lol montys been fussy these days.....he has refused his last 3 i offered mind u its only been 2 n a half weeks since he had 3 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back