Victorian return form day- today- do you do online or post?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you complete your online returns

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroyaus

Reaction score
well, that time of year has rocked around for us victorians to do our return forms again.
just curious how many of you do them online and what you think of the system?

i do mine online, but, i think the online return system is still stuck in the 90's and needs a massive overhaul.

On the column that says "ALIVE AT 1st APRIL 2011" , what if i don't no if some of my geckos were alive at this time as some are around 10 months to a year and a half i would guess ?

They sent me an acknowledgement of what I had in my possession last year (the DSE), and there was stuff that I supposedly had in my care that Id NEVER kept!!! Great system! :lol: There were a few emails and phone calls fired back and forth until we got it sorted. I have no idea how they got it so wrong. Mind you, I would have liked the list they sent to me :) Too bad I'm too honest.

I might check out the online returns form. Anyone got a link? I'm feeling lazy :lol:

l did my 2012 Wildlife Return online via the internet, it was very easy to do and very clear to read, so l myself will be doing my Wildlife Return each year, via internet online as long as l do received a copy of my Wildlife Return for that year within 2 weeks as stated, from DSE Game & Wildlife Licencing Permit Section.

Is this the way of the future to do everything via the internet online, so we end up becoming a paperless society.

On the column that says "ALIVE AT 1st APRIL 2011" , what if i don't no if some of my geckos were alive at this time as some are around 10 months to a year and a half i would guess ?

Go through your blue book and record the numbers you had at 1st April 2011. Which will be the same as your return last year.

Go through your blue book and record the numbers you had at 1st April 2011. Which will be the same as your return last year.

This is my first year having a license i got it around November

2012 Return for Wildlife (Basic, Adv & Dealers) Survey

were did u find this as i can only download the form they sent me by mail on there site i cant find the option any were to submit it online, i take it thats the link ^^^^^^^

thanks

This is my first year having a license i got it around November

were did u find this as i can only download the form they sent me by mail on there site i cant find the option any were to submit it online, i take it thats the link ^^^^^^^

thanks

Then you will zero in all your columns for the 1st April 2011. Whether your animals were alive then is irrelevant if they were under someone elses license.

I like it , very basic but then it is the gov . Did the whole thing inc the survey [ don't complain about any changes if you don't participate ] in 5 min .

well, that time of year has rocked around for us victorians to do our return forms again.
just curious how many of you do them online and what you think of the system?

i do mine online, but, i think the online return system is still stuck in the 90's and needs a massive overhaul.

The internet return was only introduced last year. so stuck in the 10's perhaps? either way it is essentially exactly the same as the paper return and much much easier to do. you could always send them suggestions on improving it though if you wanted, im sure someone would read and ignore it.

Last year I could do it online, but this year only if you have less then 10 species?? Or am I missing something, the paperwork says two new online options but I could only see the one?

online returns

I found the system adequate .Although I find the whole tracking of wildlife a bit of a furphy. It seems that the DSE is policing the people who would probably do the right thing by the wild life that they care for so dearly. It Seems like a momumental waste of resources and administration to protect animals that are cared for so well. I know the amount of money I,ve spent providing for the wellfair of my reptiles could run a small country, (ok over the top ). The point is, I've never known a species that has been cared for lovingly and encouraged to bred that has become extinct . Makes you question the motivation of the DSE. I suppose it provides jobs for people in administrating all that paper work. Well after posting this i can expect a little visit from the inspectors.

I have way too many animals to do it online. I use pen & paper + photo copy the return to compare it to next years paperwork to check for any errors.
Downside to breeding I suppose.

Did the online return and survey just then in under 5 minutes. Works fine for my needs, the paper one, though simple seems entirely over the top for someone like me with just one or two critters kept at home...

:lol: It won't make any difference Red Ink, they sent me back a return last year with a completely different line-up of animals to the one I sent them - I jumped onto the phone pronto to correct whatever the hell they'd done. I think somebody had dropped the manilla folder between offices and they shoved it back together as best they could :lol: :lol:

Mine took just over three hours to do, two books to go though, hundreds of imports and exports, 99% were to my permits in other states and back again....personally a waste of time....especially when the DSE enforcement staff cannot identify 99% of what you own including basic wildlife such as southern and eastern blue tongues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back