Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which would you choose first?

• Bredli python

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • woma python

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • jungle carpet

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • inland carpet

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • BHP

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • coastal carpet

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • olive python

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • water python

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • diamond python

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • childrens group

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_sam

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
im probably getting another python this year (when i get the money of course) and im just curious what would be your first choice of python so i can make myself a list of which one i should consider buying first.

thanx, joe

What are some of your 'specifications' so to speak...
What size, colour etc..

Just save up and get the python that you like the most..

another one of these threads , do some research then YOU decide what snake u want . as everyone is biased on what would be there first choice, they dont have to look after it - YOU do ;)

I am Coastal MAD but love all Pythons(and reptiles in general) I am thinking one must have one of everything to make up one's mind ;) LOL

Just save up and get the python that you like the most..

Agreed, your the one who gets to look at it everyday and take care of it so do some research and pick one that suits you

From that list I would say bredl there the best feeders or jungle some find hatchies snappy I havent Coastals are great pythons nice patterns and make great pets depends on your personal taste and room when It gets bigger

For me it's the Childrens group, but mainly because of my age and ability to handle the size...anything bigger would be too hard for me to handle when they were adults.

3 diff' carpet options but only a childrens group......

love the blonde mac's myself

my bredli's may be the exception, but they have never bitten me unless it was feeding time, and thats due to having the rat scent on my hands or trying to feed them the rats.
I always feed them in separate tubs, so i think that is a big factor in cage behaviour they are never fed in their "home" but once i place them into their feeding tubs its game on!!
I have been pretty lucky to as they have never refused any feeds, they also can go for long periods without handling and still won't bite when i go into the enclose and start poking around.

Last edited:
I've always fed my stimmie in his viv... but .... I feed with tongs, not getting the scent of the mouse on my hands. I wash my hands before and after I feed, even though I use the tongs. He doesn't associate my smell with the smell of food.

I love my Mac and I would certainly look at a blonde Stimi or Mac otherwise it would have to be a Tanamai Woma for me... or an Olive if size was no issue. Woma and Olive based on the personality of the ones I have dealt with although I love the pattern of Diamonds and a friend has the most beautiful hypo Carpet which is blue/grey.

Definitely woma.. I love their attitude. But, that's after having had a Stimson and Jungle first..

Some people might find the woma attitude a little off-putting for a first snake.

It won't let me vote in the poll and I haven't voted previously... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back