What colour melamine enclosure tickles your fancy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think an enclosure would be great in:

• White melamine.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Black melamine.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Anthracite melamine.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Young beach (natural wood pattern) melamine

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tit4n

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,

Just wondering as 95% of melamine enclosures out there are white, which i know could be the the outcome of Bunnings selling this as a number one easily available option, what colour melamine would you be interested if it was more available? ( personal research )

Were talking the melamine being used in already built enclosures.

I think white is the most popular option as it is a fair bit cheaper too.
If they were the same price, I would go with whatever matched our furniture or most likely black.

Last edited:
I've seen some very nice herp room setups with all black enclosures. Thats what I'll be doing when I upsize the enclosures.

Saw one the other day that was a smokey greyish greenish, hard to explain, nice natural look that I liked very much. We have one white and the other has that lite tan wood grain look.

White is common because it is cheap. Once you move into any of the coloured melamine, price starts to go up pretty quick. Personally I like the look of white, clean looking but black is good too as more of a feature.

Im talking about if the already built enclosures were same price regardless what would be the preffered choice :)

I used to like timber enclosures- mind you, I still do :) But now I think black does seem to enhance features more- the snake, any internal nice enclosure features etc... Also, white just has zero appeal to me

i like white, ive had black in the past, white keeps focus on the animal, and is nice and clean. looks more professional too imo

Anthracite has a few options to it but they all look fantastic and my personal choice its not the 'norm' either which appeals to me also

I hate melamine enclosures with a passion,
however I like the black, more discreet and looks cleaner

I also think it enhances the animal

I like white because as a light colour it gives the illusion of the enclosure being bigger, also the colours of the snake stand out and are easier to see, and also the other things you have in the enclosure also contrast against the white, which to my mind make the overall look more attractive.

I've got some black enclosures. The down side of black is that you need an internal light on to see inside if it is light outside the enclosurer. The glass just reflects like a mirror and you cant see in properly.

My enclosures are a weird green colour :D I bought the material in bulk and that's how they turned out when I built them.

DSC_0811.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back