Grrr, ignorant people... debate about gay marriage

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, now varanus....everyone's truth is different, everyone's idea of right and wrong are different, and we don't all have to agree with each other...

"No one is better than anyone and everyone is the best at everything"

My two cents worth - SYNeR has made the most logical comment on this thread...so "what he said"!

I just wish I could be as half as eloquent as SYNeR, but not to be.

In fact SYNeR's comment is so good I am going to log on to my computer just to give him a "like" :)

some things should never change marraige should only be between 1 man 1 women thats how it's been and should be left that way, too many sulks around crying about it's not fair, sanctity of marriage was /is between man and wife why should we change cause gay community think it's intitled to same, when they aren't simple.

i could go on for a while but for what reason to shut up a minority that want want wants

people need to take spoonful of concrete and harden the #%T* up

It should be left that way because you want it to be? Some people probably didn't like it when women were given the right to vote, or when it stopped being ok to have people as slaves... not that that was ok in the first place. :rolleyes:

Things don't stay the same forever, I think this will be one of those things, and then you'll be the one who needs to harden up and quit whinging :D

I tend to agree with this
That being said it doesnt effect my life so i dont really care if they can get hitched or not
What i care about is every person tryin to shove there pro gay marrage views down my neck and calling me and idiot etc when i said i dont agree
I believe this thread has broken a few rules of this forum and will ask again why mods have to ended this already

I'm genuinely curious - how do people with pro-gay marriage views force their views upon you? At the heart of the issue is a group of human beings asking for equality in a society that has repressed, mocked, prohibited and marginalised them for years, simply because of their sexuality. I don't condone dirty tactics and name-calling in debates, but they don't invalidate the core of the cause.

A rule or two might have been broken, but I don't think the thread has reached the point where it should be closed. Of course, that's up to the moderators to decide.

I dont have the time to go into it here
But its the people around me in other places and not just here
Like i said if i agree or disagree, and for or against is invalid
No mater how much i dont agree with it its going to happen and that not going to effect me in anyway
Hence why i dont really care ether way
But threads like this where i shouldnt have to be told what to think or feel and you people are doing just that
No matter how "right" or valid your points may be
Its my right to disagree and as i dont go around making threads about how gays shouldnt get married on a forum that clearly states that its sgainst the rules
U wouldnt like it if i posted about why i think gay couples shouldnt be able to have kids, of which i have my reasons valid or not im still entittled to that view
So what makes any of the pro people think i want my time on this forum ruin by the pros trying to change my mind
Which is what ur doing by debating in the first place

site rule 1: Be nice to other members. Any name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated - this applies for posts in the forum as well as visitor messages on profiles, messages in social groups as well as conversations in chat.

that rule has been broken a few times in this thread

thank you but moderators dont need your help to moderate this forum. please refrain from posting rules and telling us how to do our job..

Last edited by a moderator:
So what makes any of the pro people think i want my time on this forum ruin by the pros trying to change my mind
Which is what ur doing by debating in the first place[/QUOTE]

Ummm you are the one who chose to read this thread, you are the one who chose to comment on this thread, so unless someone is standing behind you with a gun - it's only you who is wasting your time!
Which given your spelling its a good thing you are not wasting anyone else's time....

And here we have Exhibit A.. (or is it B or C? I've lost count)

some things should never change marraige should only be between 1 man 1 women thats how it's been and should be left that way, too many sulks around crying about it's not fair, sanctity of marriage was /is between man and wife why should we change cause gay community think it's intitled to same, when they aren't simple.

i could go on for a while but for what reason to shut up a minority that want want wants

people need to take spoonful of concrete and harden the #%T* up

Uneducated, uninformed, illiterate bogan spouting homophonia / hate / bigotry without ANY justification for his attitude whatsoever.
Why isn't this kind of thing banned?

Funny how we could take the above comment, and replace the topic with that of slavery.. We could make exactly the same point. That is:
"slaves are nothing more than a minority group and should shut up and accept their inferior position, harden the ******* up, etc".

Or we could repeat the process with any number of minority groups. I'm amazed that people don't tolerate racism, xenophobia, etc.. but are more than tolerant
of homophobia.

I think people worry too much about sticking their nose into others business and trying to control their lives.. Who gives a damn who wants to marry who, how does it in any way effect their life? Everyone regardless of race, religion, sexual preference whatever, deserves the same joys and freedom in life.

Now, now varanus....everyone's truth is different, everyone's idea of right and wrong are different, and we don't all have to agree with each other...

So you're a pacifist and moral relativist? How is that right to vote as a woman working out for you? Or are you happy to have that rescinded?
Just because everyone has their own belief doesn't imply that it's somehow a 'truth' -- not in the slightest.

Edit: just realised Tahlia said practically the same thing a few posts earlier.

Last edited:
Someone made a thread on a website you visit, thus they're forcing their views on you? Wow.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been particularly nasty at all. It's been surprisingly time, actually :p

I think people forget that getting married entitles you to all sorts of things. For example, a gay person isn't allowed to visit their partner in the ICU because they're not legally entitled to it (that is, they're not "family" or a "spouse"). I find it disappointing that people think it's okay to remove rights and entitlements like these from others based on something as silly as sexuality.

Someone made a thread on a website you visit, thus they're forcing their views on you? Wow.

I don't think anyone in this thread has been particularly nasty at all. It's been surprisingly time, actually :p

I think people forget that getting married entitles you to all sorts of things. For example, a gay person isn't allowed to visit their partner in the ICU because they're not legally entitled to it (that is, they're not "family" or a "spouse"). I find it disappointing that people think it's okay to remove rights and entitlements like these from others based on something as silly as sexuality.

Exactly.. Those claiming Civil Unions and The Marriage Act are practically identical really have no idea about the legal system or how far reaching the laws are.

If anything, it's really an argument over legal entitlements when it comes to the way the Marriage Act is infused in our legal system, and not really about 'sanctity' or what have you.

Last edited:
So you're a pacifist and moral relativist? How is that right to vote as a woman working out for you? Or are you happy to have that rescinded?
Just because everyone has their own belief doesn't imply that it's somehow a 'truth' -- not in the slightest.

Edit: just realised Tahlia said practically the same thing a few posts earlier.

Actually, I'm not a pacifist on this matter at all...or on some other debated topics that have been on these forums....I just choose to be fairly silent on my opinions....because it doesn't matter what anyone says, we will all keep our own opinions.

They sure have come out of the closet haven't they? i'm not refering to gays either.....
I'm not gay, don't understand it or like it (male or female) but whatever you want to do in your own spare time is fine with me!!
What reasonable argument against same sex marriage is there???
Religion? pffft, pollitics should not be lead by religeousideology ..
Imagine how these christians and catholics would feel if our pollitical system was influenced by the quran???? they'd be DEAD!!!! and so would i....
Its how it was in the past??? Look how many rules and regulations are changed as time progresses.....
I was baptised, but its crap like this that has made me realise religeon is not my thing...
But each to there own!

Last edited:
Imagine how these christians and catholics would feel if our pollitical system was influenced by the quran???? they'd be DEAD!!!!

Exactly. I've asked christians how they'd like it if they had to live by Muslim laws, and they refused to answer me. Interesting!

Time to close this thread. These types of debates always end up the same. We can all agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back