G'day from SA

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catgrem

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, obviously I'm new to the forum and also fairly new at being a owner of a few reptiles. Have wanted one for years, but only 2 months ago made my first purchase of a beautiful Stimson named Sprocket, and went back 2 weeks later and brought 2 Lawson beardies.... Sparky and Slick... Lol

Im getting Sprocket probed on Wednesday to make sure he is a male before I bring home Socket my female Stimson I have on hold.

Went into the store today to introduce Socket to my other half and now he wants a jungle python as well... So have been spending the night looking at different breeders and reading up on the jungles, they are so beautiful, can't wait to add one or two to our growing reptile collection.

So glad I have finally become the owner of these beautiful little guys, should have done it sooner but I've got them now and that's all that matters!

Firstly welcome... :lol: Love the names you've given the little guys. Your life will never be the same, it's more addictive than having babies. This is a great site, lots of help and nice people and usually lots of fun too.

Cheers, Annie

Lol, looking at your signature, neither do you!

I do have 3 children, and we run a business, so we are not home during the day, and I use to hate being at home all day on my own, so I don't feel as bad leaving my babies at home all day if they have company, then they get cuddles when we get home.

We also have 2 rotties, 1 cockatiel and a Siamese fighting fish, the cockatiel is in a cage in our entertainment area and gets along great with the dogs and all the wild birds that come to say hello to him.... The Siamese fighter is on the breakfast bar, so enjoys it when I am home making the kids lunches for school and preparing dinner.... It's hard to share the love around, but I am managing just fine at the moment. :)

Firstly welcome... :lol: Love the names you've given the little guys. Your life will never be the same, it's more addictive than having babies. This is a great site, lots of help and nice people and usually lots of fun too.

Cheers, Annie

Thanks Annie, the names of our reptiles have been chosen around my finances other passion of Motorsport, we also own a performance workshop, hence why the new addition has been named socket, and to my middle daughter delight, rhymes with Sprocket... Lol

I haven't thought of a name for the jungle pythons as yet, but some of the names I have found as I have been reading through the forum are really cool....

I never knew how addictive it can be until I brought Sprocket, now I don't know where I'm going to stop... Lol

The forum I have found so far to be excellent, can't wait to read more of the threads and to learn from the many knowledgable people on the site! ;)

Last edited:
haha yeah im pretty proud of our collection, its taken a while to build it up tho. iv got 3 kids ( when i say kids they are 15,17 & 18 )in my care with a 24 year old moving back in as well. having so much happening is hectic but fun! life would never get boring hahaha

Your children are a fair bit older than ours, we have 7, 5, and 2.... All absolutely adore our animals, I guess they were always going to inherit that from 2 animal loving parents. :)

I have one very basic little stimmie named Barrie....he's 4 yrs old, and I've had him 3 yrs. He's the only snake I'll ever have, at my age I am happy with just one and he's fully grown at a metre long which is fine for me. I love him to bits.

lol well im only 21 ( almost 22) but my brother and sister have been in my care legally since i was 16 but pretty much since i was 10. the 18 year old is a 'stray' i become friends with at uni last year and bonded with immediately and now the bugger lives with us and is part of the family.
its so great to hear that your surrounding your kids with so many animals at a young age!
its very frustrating having parents freak out about my animals when they come round even tho none of them would hurt anyone. my niece who is 6 months old absolutely loves the rat but her father freaks out everytime steve goes near alix.
it really does teach them responsibility and i think it teaches the animals patience :D
when i get round to having kids of my own they will basically be living in a zoo :p

I am so glad I found this forum..... It is such a great place, with some very knowledgable members.... And your all so very nice....

Since I found it, I can't stay off of it.... I'm learning so much! :)

Thanks Annie, the names of our reptiles have been chosen around my finances other passion of Motorsport, we also own a performance workshop, hence why the new addition has been named socket, and to my middle daughter delight, rhymes with Sprocket... Lol

;)

Welcome & great to have new enthusiasts in SA.....what motor sports are you guys into? :D

My other half and I own a performance workshop in Salisbury South, in the past he has done the drag car thing, and now is into road racing motorbikes at Mallala, we also travel to Phillip Island, Eastern creek etc,

Our eldest daughter has also just started go karting, with her first race later this month.... So the other half also went and brought himself a go kart to do it with her, he use to race go karts about 13 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back