I want to trade for a herp guy!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble_pants

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hawkesbury, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I see all the awesome snake enclosures you all make in the photos on here and they are just so cool! My boyfriend has been promising to fix one of my set ups for a month or so now and my animals are stuck waiting in inapropreite cages! I usually get sick or waiting for his promises to come through and finished (or start and finish) jobs myself but this one I need a grinder for and he wont tell me which disk I need (I need to buy it but dont know what one). Dont get me wrong, I am happy to have my house scattered with reptiles as it is and my boyfriend is great, he does share our bedroom with me and our free ranged bearded dragon for my obsessive fear of cockeroaches and he has paid for a pair of my snakes (and he has even come so far that he now has his own water dragon) but cant you guys run a boot camp style boyfriend make over or something? Or some sort of rent a hubby system where I can rent a herp guy while he is away at work or uni (haha, that does sound bad)???
You guys are the best, thanks for all the awesome photos of your handy work everyone, its nice to dream on.

Put a pic of the grinder up I'll tell you what size disc you need :)

Cheers Brenton

Put a pic of the grinder up I'll tell you what size disc you need :)

Cheers Brenton
Actually Brenton, He needs to borrow it from his dad first and who knows how long that will take! It has some rust on the bottom that we need to get rid of and I dont really know how to do it myself. I figgure with the grinder I just grind it off with some sort of sanding disk? but to be honest I dont even know what a grinder looks like, let alone what the disks look like. He is playing UFC on his xbox, there is no chance he will be open for advice until the entire game is finished and he is utterly bored.

do what i did and buy a nice one lol i had plans 4 a balinese enclosure 2 b built in but hubby was 2 busy with his cars and the boys playground etc lol guess u could say i gave up! i even had plan drew up 4 mine but ah well im v happy with my new one and if u take ur time to look every day u will find a bargain :D

Fair enough sorry I'm to far away :)

Cheers Brenton

what do you need to cut with the grinder? If i was you i'd bypass the boyfriend and grab a grinder form bunnings for $30

what do you need to cut with the grinder? If i was you i'd bypass the boyfriend and grab a grinder form bunnings for $30

That could end up bad if you have no idea what they are. IMO if you have no idea don't use it it's basically a hard spinning disk I slight nick to the finger and things go bad quick.

Cheers Brenton

i put a diamond blade on a grinder into my thumb while building boats a few years ago. i don't recommend it :)

if you dont know how to use it then google it :) lol seriously i wouldnt bother waiting around i would just learn how to do it myself.
my brother promised me a huge big guinea pig enclosure when i was younger. he got about 5 minutes into it and then his ADHD kicked in and he got distracted for the next few months. so i jumped on the net and looked up how to make them. raided dads tool shed and made my own yew beaut double decker guinea pig cage.
moral of the story- dont rely on someone else just have a go yourself. and surely its just common sense to be careful with power tools....

I learnt early with my ex not to wait for help. Take the whole grinder down to the hardware and ask for help. Like others have said, research or find someone who's paid to help you!
It's amazing what you can achieve by yourself

take a few pics of the rust problem and post them up, you may not need a grinder, you can always do it the slow hard way with a file and sand paper, much less risk of losing fingers or body parts too!
you really don't want to be operating such machinery without either supervision or experience, they can inflict great and devastating damage.

take a few pics of the rust problem and post them up, you may not need a grinder, you can always do it the slow hard way with a file and sand paper, much less risk of losing fingers or body parts too!
you really don't want to be operating such machinery without either supervision or experience, they can inflict great and devastating damage.

+1 simple peace of kit but devistating errors.

Cheers Brenton

Ok, I took some photos! the set up might be a little bit confusing in the photos but the rust is clear. And then I took photos of all of my comprimised babies waiting for set ups that are suited to them. Notice that my beardie doesnt even have a home, he lives on my boyfriends bike (which for some reason lives in my bedroom grrr).
View attachment 245635View attachment 245636

Look at my poor Rango trying to squeeeeze into that tiny water bowel View attachment 245638, his cage is way to small. he is waiting for the enclosure in question and that tank at the bottom, that will be his new water bowel. and yes, I know his name is dickie, my boyfriend named him and 'Wonky' our beardie, he is shockin at names too lol

Didn't they? naw, my pictures work on the sales threads. Yeah Josh? where do you live?

Last edited:
DSCF0294[2].jpg

Thats alright Josh, spooning not needed. what are your rates? I can provide your accomadation and meals made with love lol. cannot promise, however, that you wont wake up with snakes on your or sizing you up.

Hun go to advance reply and do your attachments through there!

DSCF0294[1].jpg
DSCF0302[1].jpg
DSCF0304[2].jpg

one of you guys should go on Wife swap with Luke and your missus can have Luke for a bit. Lol, I hope she can cook or Luke might just die while he is there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back