Cheap Crickets in the Hawkesbury (NSW)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribble_pants

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hawkesbury, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I have a few beardies and a water dragon which is my boyfriend's pride and joy, but I just cant afford the food these days on top of all my snakes! So I recently set up a friend to breed and sell mice to get some cheapo mice (she is charging $2 ea while she is still too low in numbers to sell heaps) and I was thinking I should breed crickets and sell them cheaper. My friend has lizards her self and she said it would save her loads.
I just think I could buy a multi vit and calcium and dust the crickets with everything the day they are sold so that they are ready to go straight to the lizard, people dont have to buy the multi vits and calciums and dont have to watch the expiery on the packs. plus I feel that packets of crickets are usually too big and the crickets die before they get used up in those packets, which is frusterating when I pay so much for the box! then my lizards turn their nose up at it.
So I was thinking I could sell little chinese containers with around 10-15 crickets for $2 dusted and eveything and maybe even get them posted locally for it a few people in a not too distant town wanted some I could make a little road trip of it once a month.
What do you think? Do you think it is worth my time? Are we a big enough and tight enough community?

-Elle

Well, I can get 3 chinese containers of adult crickets for $10 and there are at least 30 of them in each so I think $2 for 10-15 dusted crickets is not cheaper. I'd also rather buy in "bulk" (as in 3 boxes, not 3 dozen!) then move them to a bigger container so they last longer as I don't have time to buy them every week. Your target market would probably be those who usually buy from pet shop for $5-$7 a box.

wow, you get them heaps cheaper, maybe I should be shopping where your shopping! well if they shops can afford to do that they must breed easy so I gather that without the middle man and not really caring for profitting from them I could do them half the price.

i get 1500 crickets for 55 bucks and that last me just over 2weeks for my reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back