Hit me with all your knowledgey goodness!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
Ok, well I have been 'umming' and 'ahhing' about what I should do with this 3x2x2 enclosure and what Lizard would best go in there and best to maintain them.. And what I did come up with is ask you guys and gals. I want to get a bit creative with it and with the Illawarra expo coming up I have an excuse to get cracking.. Anything (helpful) would be appreciated. Pics are of what they came as and I was just testing log sizes so don't mind them. Both have thermostats,vents, baton fittings for UV and a light fitting. I want to get as creative as possible, back wall (was thinking cork bark) and was hoping for a big water area in like a tupperware container.. Just let your creative juices flow out of your head and onto this thread!

Just a brain wave, how long would a Eastern Water Dragon last in there before they would get moved out into an Aviary?

Cheers in advance Zac.

p.s NO SNAKES

Attachments

• enclosure example.jpg
    enclosure example.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 117
I can't help you but I love the name of your thread : )

I can't help you but I love the name of your thread : )
Haha, I'm glad ;) it might be more appealing then "Enclosure help" haha

And I was thinking Netted Dragons, might have to look more into that. Any thoughts on what would be an awesome enclosurescape ?

why not turn it into one big enclosure and that would give you many more options? just a though

haha, yeah I forgot to mention the other enclosure has an inhabitant atm ;)

Not too sure what species are on schedule in NSW but a few of the Ctenophurus species need "saving" from going under from the hobby as there are less and less people breeding them. Maybe you could go down that path if you wish.

I have a netted dragon in with two lawson's dragons, and they're great animals to watch. They're so funny! We have ours set up in a desert scene - a fake rock wall background (kind of a grey rock rather than a dark brown rainforest rock), red desert sand, drift wood style logs and branches, a big rock to bask on, and a URS dark brown water bowl. We have our UV on one side and heat on the other side, both though globes (rather than mats or heat rocks). They all live happily in a 3 foot x 18 x 18.

Not too sure what species are on schedule in NSW but a few of the Ctenophurus species need "saving" from going under from the hobby as there are less and less people breeding them. Maybe you could go down that path if you wish.
Wow, I'd never thought about that species, maybe I should look at that.. But I haven't seen them for sale for a very long time which definitely says something. I may have to look into some breeders and trying to get into keeping them, thank you for that !

With the day nearly approaching, I'm still yet to decide 100% anyone else want to weigh in on this discussion?

lol 1st thing i thought of was 'hit me with your rythum stick' song ha ha. ps im **** with lizards lol they get me in2 trouble! :p sorry!

Well, I went to the expo and sadly came up trump.. walked out with pretty much the same ideas I've had before... Anyone have something to add to this discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back