Night Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zack13

Reaction score
Just started learning about night time photography so thought I would post some of my photos here to see what you guys think.
Any pros out there that wanna help out can you let me know what works best for you. All of these were done with a shutter speed of 3 seconds I think, an aperture of 4.8-5.6 and I'm pretty sure an iso of 400.
I have a nikon d60 and any help would be greatly appreciated. Tips with how to use photoshop programs like gimp would help as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_0012.jpg
    DSC_0012.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 99
hmmmmm . my night time photos are vivid too. maybe a lil unsuitable for here though ;)

Is that a UFO in the second picture haha great pictures it's amazing how photographs make Sydney look decent not a accurate represent of the ram down city.

Great shots mate!

Cheers Brenton

The only thing I'd say is the composition in the second picture needs adjusting. In other words, crop the cars out. Other than that they are pretty awesome.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone I guess I'm doing something right then.

The only thing I'd say is the composition in the second picture needs adjusting. In other words, crop the cars out. Other than that they are pretty awesome.

Ya I have to do stuff to them still these were just straight off the camera haven't touched them up yet.

Oh I forgot if anyone could give me some pointers on good flash units that would be great as well. I think I'm leaning towards the nikon sb 800 but not too sure yet.

could we add our own photos to the thread to show? Mine aren't the best as my camera is not 'superduper'

could we add our own photos to the thread to show? Mine aren't the best as my camera is not 'superduper'
Go for it. This was a thread I made because I want help and advice.

great.

I'm in Abu Dhabi for work at the moment. Got a bit of time to take a few photos.
How do I make the photos I put on the post large like I see people do?

All taken without a tripod. The car isn't really a 'night shot' but there are only 20 or so in the world so thought that was cool.
DSC00028.jpg

DC002.jpg

DC004.jpg

DC003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back