Look what the rat dragged in............

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not how big it is........ hehehehehe. Lets not argue about who has the biggest snake :lol:

Seriously, he was a little over 3m. My initial estimate was 3.5m so I dont know where 3.7 came from (excitement typo :shock:) When I first saw him he was as shown in pics. I estimated there was about 1.5m of him inside the shed, I looked at what was on the roof and measured it at 1.4m (with a tape as I was trying to get him to go completely inside the shed) and from the corrigated tin roof to the bottom of the beam in the shed is 280mm. So, 1.4m+1.5m+280mm= a little over 3m
After I fed him put him in the tub and released him (when he filally decided to get out of the tub) I waited for his snout to pass a rock and then poked a twig in the ground where his tail was and measured the length between the twig and the rock. it was 2.95m and he had a lazy S shape as he was going, So I will swear by the fact he was about 3.2m in length if you measured him straight. I have lots of video and pics, any locals are welcome to view. If I can work out how to put them on here (if they arent too big a file) I will try.

He ate an extra large rat 269g with its head turned back and it was not an obvious bulge in his body once past his throat/neck, so he was a fair old girth too. All I know is he was very polite the entire time (unless you were a rat!:shock:) and he was a pleasure to meet.

I just tried to ad video, will have to work out how to get it onto you-tube.... bugga

Last edited:
Bax, it is at least 60L tub. It measures 660x460x460 at the top. The pic shows it sitting with a 30L tub next to it.

Tubs april 0212b 007.jpg

View attachment 245548

The little 30L has a sticker that says 430x315x225 30L The big one is at least twice that big, so it must be 60+ litres if not more. You can actually place 2 of the 30L tubs inside the big one, so it would have to be closer to 70L

Attachments

• Tubs april 0212b 006.jpg
    Tubs april 0212b 006.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Loved your story, a great read :D

If you like, I can help you post the vid to YouTube. Or can even post it for you if you wanna send it over to me.

Shoot me a pm if you do.

Cheers
Kev :D

I put it on you tube. Its pretty long video, I have to learn to edit :rolleyes: Lol, I heard I said it was a 600g jumbo, I meant 269g :oops: Was funny, I kept dropping the rat :rolleyes: he didnt mind tho, it was prolly, like, tenderised :lol:

[video=youtube;vWfa9H5ptbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWfa9H5ptbM&context=C4877490ADvjVQa1PpcFNpWvkd4mH6OjWAT2IwvLl0 bhQl7D3uSq0=[/video]

Last edited:
lol honestly i don't think size matters. You had a nice encounter with a wild, adult coastal. It seems like both you and the snake had a great night! hehe

Here is the video of when I hooked him and put him in the tub. He only had one half hearted strike at me, otherwise very well behaved (except he hung onto the back edge of the cages :rolleyes:) All went well tho, not as long a video as the last epic :lol:

[video=youtube;k4IXRA1uzzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4IXRA1uzzY[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back