Diamond Python Enclosure Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilK

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, how's it going?

My two diamonds (Rubella and Typhus) are currently living together in an enclosure that is probably not going to last them much longer size-wise. I have been umming and ahhing about a new enclosure for them. My mate recently made his own enclosure and it looks great but I am really not handy, and it cost him an arm and a leg in the end! With that in mind I came across a member here who makes wonderful enclosures for a very decent price.

My question is this: in order to get an accurate quote I will need to let him know exact measurements. I am wondering what size enclosure I will need to keep two diamonds in together for their whole lives (not interested in hearing pros and cons of keeping snakes together). I am thinking 1.8m high, 1.5m wide and 1m deep or so. Depending on if that is too expensive then maybe I can bring it back to 1.8mx1mx60cm... Thoughts?

Phil

Hi Phil

I don't have the exact answer, but I really wanted to reply so I could compliment you on the names you gave your snakes. Awesome idea. It's hard enough getting visitors to go near our reptile friends in the first place and I'm sure names like that help the cause.

As for the cage size I would just look around here (this website) for cage dimensions for one diamond python so you can work out an average, and then I'd pretty much double it. With that in mind the dimensions you've given seem about right. Your dimensions are also generous in depth so if you've got space for an enclosure that size I'd go with it.

Thanks Striker that is basically how I have been going.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic about the names ahahaha but my first snake's name was Scurvy so I have just gone with the theme. Everybody I know is very interested in the snakes and if they are turned off by their names that is fairly retarded so it doesn't bother me at all. I have snakes so I can enjoy them, not to have "visitors go near them"

Hey there , love my diamonds just have a young pair named Ned and Kelly,I just finished making them a new enclosure , I also make a lot of enclosures my self at home as a hobby to help with the costs of our addictive pet reptiles .lol... Any way I actually have 1 enclosure here that would suit your needs it's a big stained solid timber wall unit I converted it's a nice piece I need to get $280 firm for it if you are interested I can give you more details and some pics , I'm sure u could get it on a removal truck as a backload for around $100 I would think I may even have someone that could put it in a semi . Anyway either way all the best in your search for your diamonds new home. P.s. the unit overall is approx 1250h x 1500w x 550d. I'm sure that would be ample space for them especially the way the units set up . Cheers Brad.

Mine are in 4ft Long x 2Ft deep x 3ft high (1200mmx600mmx900mm)

UV light tube, with a reflector globe at one end for basking.

make sure you supply ALOT of ventilation.
diamonds like to be kept alot cooler then other morelia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back